What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
LS Customs
    Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:56 pm

i did a little research on the procon pump... based on the numbers on the back of the pump, this one does have the internal relief valve spring (some do not), to regulate the pressure.. and based on the numbers, with the stock spring, this pump is adjustable from 151 psi to 250... and the pumps flowrate is up to 100 gph (want it to be 15)

i am going to change the spring in it, with the one that changes the range to 30-59 psi, which is the spring that is stock, when the pumps are used in the factory style tig coolers... this way i can set the pressure at the pump, which will be more reliable and better/easier on the pump... it also has a 100 mesh strainer in it
LS Customs

was able to track down the correct spring... and the company (JC Beverage Company) is sending it out to me on Monday... awesome company, their customer service is amazing! very fast response, answered all the questions I had about the pump, etc...
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

LS Customs wrote:was able to track down the correct spring... and the company (JC Beverage Company) is sending it out to me on Monday... awesome company, their customer service is amazing! very fast response, answered all the questions I had about the pump, etc...
They were great to deal with when I had a much larger procon pump they they were willing to take in on exchange toward one for my watercolor.

As you mentioned, they were very helpful and informative when asking questions about your project, even though it is not what the pump is normally intended for.
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
LS Customs

hey_allen wrote:
LS Customs wrote:was able to track down the correct spring... and the company (JC Beverage Company) is sending it out to me on Monday... awesome company, their customer service is amazing! very fast response, answered all the questions I had about the pump, etc...
They were great to deal with when I had a much larger procon pump they they were willing to take in on exchange toward one for my watercolor.

As you mentioned, they were very helpful and informative when asking questions about your project, even though it is not what the pump is normally intended for.
definitely awesome to deal with...
LS Customs

usps held the package, with the spring and finally delivered yesterday... was a little short on the postage amount, so that delayed and had me put the difference in an envelope and back in the box... smh! but glad they finally delivered them... JC Beverage, thought they may have lost the package so they actually sent me another set...

they sent two one to regulate between 30-59 and the other 60-90... sweet company to deal with...

LS Customs

with the spring in hand, i put the rest of the cooler together... i also used purple ice (like water wetter) and distilled water (180 ounces in the tank)... i was able to adjust the pressure of the setup, using the pumps adjustable valve now.. and i can tweak it a little if necessary with the valve i added... since its already there...

LS Customs

the 250 psi spring, fell back into the pump, so i took the filter out to get it out... clean that up, while i was at it...

the thinner is the appropriate spring

also put a screen over the exhaust fan, to help trap dust, or keep misc out... when the setup is sitting..
LS Customs

also added two temp gauges (inexpensive), wasnt necessary but i like to see that the setup is actually working... one on the hot side and one on the cold...

i replaced all the hose with high pressure hose... just to be safe... the clear hose is rated to approx 50 psi... but with the heat of the system, i didnt want it to be close... the reinforced hose is rated to 250 psi and is inexpensive, so was no excuse to not replace it.
LS Customs

mixed the additive into the distilled water

and filled the tank back up with the fresh "coolant" mix
LS Customs

set it on the stand, so that i could properly test it out

LS Customs

i typically practice by actually trying to make things... so making a small gas tank... the new torch, welding positioner and water cooler setup, work awesome..

i already added two 1/4" npt bungs on the bottom, one of each end, gotta add a cap/bung and two bling bungs and done with it... its not perfect, but best i can do at this time... i will polish it.... someone may purchase it and that helps to buy more materials to practice with...

LS Customs

motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

LS
did you fab the tank ends or buy them?
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

LS Customs wrote:adding a bolt on handle right behind the welder and one more strap (on the handle) toward the top third of the bottle, though it is very secure... next refill, im going to sell this cylinder to the gas supply and buy the next size up.. and will want the extra strap higher up for that cylinder

How do you guys get the stubbies out from the rod holder tubes? These are mine. :)

Very, run-of-the-mill looking...

Lo' and behold! Stubbies can no longer hide from me at the very bottom! :lol:
LS Customs

motox wrote:LS
did you fab the tank ends or buy them?
craig
i programmed the ones with letters, or a design in them (using fusion 360)... the dome looking ones in the video, i bought them in misc sizes from sharpe products (i think)...

but these cnc style ends, i programmed/designed in cad and they were cnc'd

LS Customs

LS Customs

Last edited by LS Customs on Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LS Customs

i used one of my revolvers to program this and was to scale... these are bolt on end caps and bolt on bullets for them... a friend is building a mini bike to match one of his hot rods and i wanted to add a little bit of me to it...

but i typically program or draw the stuff out in cad and have a person with a cnc, machine the program... i am looking into getting a DIY style cnc or trying to make one... as i am not making money doing this stuff, it is hard to justify spending the money... but im working on it
bosulli
    Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:40 am

Great design, and resourcing. Been looking for a water cooler concept. I will have to borrow yours. Thanks for posting it.
LS Customs

bosulli wrote:Great design, and resourcing. Been looking for a water cooler concept. I will have to borrow yours. Thanks for posting it.
thank you
LS Customs

still working awesome! works even better after the latest addition

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

To follow up on a thread-jack I inserted in this conversation many pages ago (I THINK it was this topic I jacked...)
During a repair to a Miller SW250DX with integrated water cooler, I found the pump is rated for 30PSI at 25GPH, which is right in the range of the potable water pump I salvaged from an RV and was the subject of my question.

Steve S
LS Customs

Otto Nobedder wrote:To follow up on a thread-jack I inserted in this conversation many pages ago (I THINK it was this topic I jacked...)
During a repair to a Miller SW250DX with integrated water cooler, I found the pump is rated for 30PSI at 25GPH, which is right in the range of the potable water pump I salvaged from an RV and was the subject of my question.

Steve S
i think it would work fine, i would think the flow rate set correctly is the more important thing... on my torch the max rec is 50 psi... i think mine is set to around 45-48psi at this moment and i estimated the flow rate to be about correct for the torch... havent put a meter on it... but im thinking as long as the coolant/water flowing through the torch isnt above the max psi, but is flowing the correct 1 quart per minute, it would work awesome...
MediocreDesigns
    Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:27 pm

Great info, thanks.
Did a specific parts list ever get posted for the brass fittings that were required to deal with the left hand threads? I didn't see it anywhere.