What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
LS Customs
    Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:56 pm

and the parts...

LS Customs

LS Customs

LS Customs

I welded up the first one... I do not use the pulse feature, which may make rhythm a little easier to get down initially, but the point for me is to keep getting better feeding the wire and controlling the welder without any of the extra features of a welder in a sense... each time it sit down, i do seem to get more comfy with it... the better i get, i will play with the functions of the positioner's controller and play with pulse and maybe try to make a cold wire feeder, to be used with the positioner, when im using it.. but for now, i want to practice tig welding and dipping the rod, etc by hand... i am not using the tig pen either.. havent sense after the first day it arrived... for me its easier to just feed by hand...

my modified soft jaws work perfect... was ann affordable way to make this chuck more versatile...

first end cap down...
LS Customs

second
LS Customs

i wanted to weld something smaller diameter on the positioner, so as opposed to welding the bung for the cap directly to the cylinder, i added a short filler neck... this is all 1/8" thick 6061 tubing...

i unbolted the jaw and reversed it... and this is the third weld, after welding the two end caps, i was even more comfortable with the coordination between the rotation of the positioner, pedal control and dipping the rod... I also paid close attention to the puddle and watched the puddle start to sink/little eye open up and dipped the rod, as this would happen to help ensure correct fusion...

LS Customs

while on the positioner, it also helped to weld all the other bungs onto the tank, in this case. 1/4" NPT on bottom, and two blind bungs on the top... was able to positioner them and hold them nicely at certain angles to help get around those little fittings

LS Customs

LS Customs

still working nicely... i dont use pulse... after welding with this for a little bit i am very comfy welding with both hands and feeding rod at a fast consistent pace... gotta keep at it..