What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Bill w
    Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 am

Also lights work horns blow. And the yellow one has a rear opening trunk lid and 2 cup holders inside.
Attachments
IMG_20150715_125311_797.jpg
IMG_20150715_125311_797.jpg (26.48 KiB) Viewed 1779 times

Bill w wrote:Also lights work horns blow. And the yellow one has a rear opening trunk lid and 2 cup holders inside.
Cool, just guessing there isn't a cigarette lighter? :lol:
Richard
Website
Bill w

No but the customer did ask for flame throwers. I had to draw the line and say no. He was using it for his one year old grand son. And I just can't be responsible for something bad happening. I have really been considering doing a half scale "t" bucket gokart for both my son and my daughter to drive around car shows.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I put flamethrowers on a t-bucket once. The child was much older, though.

Steve S
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

That is bad ass, wish I would have thought of something so cool when my son and daugter were younger.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
Bill w

Setting ride height today. Hope to have the frame in and roller by Monday.
Attachments
0312161313b.jpg
0312161313b.jpg (37.38 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
0312161313a.jpg
0312161313a.jpg (32.82 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
Bill w

Sorry for the slow start on this one. Had a lot of things going on this week. Between getting laid off from my job and buying a business with my wife I haven't had much time to be in my own shop. I will get on a roll this week.
Bill w

Most of the frame work tacked on.
Attachments
0313161507.jpg
0313161507.jpg (46.35 KiB) Viewed 1725 times
shady
    Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:08 pm

When looking at your photos from Saturday 03/12 I figured the body must be fiberglass. Then I just saw the ones from 03/13 and that idea went out the window. Wish I could weld when I built a jeep out of wood for my boys. I wish I could weld now. Anyway I pulled it like a wagon. No horn but had lights and even signal lights that had the switches in the handle. It was heavy and no where near your level but I still had a lot of fun with it.

I hope your new venture works out for you and you will be able to continue making these wonderful strollers. Or at least keep your children in vehicles. They grow up so fast.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Where do you source those metal bodies off of? Pedal cars?
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Bill w

shady wrote:When looking at your photos from Saturday 03/12 I figured the body must be fiberglass. Then I just saw the ones from 03/13 and that idea went out the window. Wish I could weld when I built a jeep out of wood for my boys. I wish I could weld now. Anyway I pulled it like a wagon. No horn but had lights and even signal lights that had the switches in the handle. It was heavy and no where near your level but I still had a lot of fun with it.

I hope your new venture works out for you and you will be able to continue making these wonderful strollers. Or at least keep your children in vehicles. They grow up so fast.

Oh I will don't worry. I have more done but i broke my cell phone and I load everything from that on to here. So as soon as I have my cell phone back I'll have a camera to load more pics. The vw is now a full roller and just about ready for paint. should have my phone back soon and I will have more pics. I have another big project for myself in my shop I will also start a build thread on when I get a little more done.

These are not to heavy but not for everyday use. Just not practical for that. But with that said i have taken my son to the mall in his also car shows ,fairs and even pocono motor speedway ( nascar track) for a 4th of july party. Trust me he gets a lot of attention in it. But its fun. If you have any pics of the jeep post them up I would love to see it. I'm a huge jeep fan and have built a few of them over the years. Here's a shot of my old cj-5 I originally built this when I was 18. This picture was a few years later when I was 24 and the jeep was on its 3rd rebuild.
Attachments
JEEP2.jpg
JEEP2.jpg (101.02 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
Last edited by Bill w on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill w

Poland308 wrote:Where do you source those metal bodies off of? Pedal cars?
Yes the body from the bug and the red and white strollers are from pedal cars. The body on the yellow ford is fiberglass and I purchased that from a company in cali. I will never buy another from that guy. The quality is terrible and I spent more time on body work than anything on that car. I also have a baja truck body from that same company that's not as bad. But the steel bodies are the way to go.
Bill w

Ok been off for a while with no way to load pics and update but now I'm back on track and it's almost finished. Just have to finish painting the wheels and do the assembly and done. Here's a pic so far. Hope to have it done by Friday.
Attachments
0420161718a.jpg
0420161718a.jpg (41.74 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
thatoneguy
    Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Any chance you can show us how you did the steering? I know you said all you do is tilt the push handle but can you show us how that works??? Thanks!! :D
Everlast Power I-MIG 275P
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Everlast Power Plasma 80S
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene
shady

Glad to see you back. Nice paint job, I like the colors. 8-)
Bill w

Thanks spent the evening color matching the wheels.
Attachments
0420162026a.jpg
0420162026a.jpg (43.43 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
shady

I believe I liked the yellow better, but the white does match the wheels. Have you made any more progress?
shady

The white is looking better.
shady

Hey Bill
I hope your new business boss isn't keeping you so busy that you don't get to work on the strollers any more. :)
shady

Is your business partner boss and you having any relief from getting the new business up and running? I've never done that full time and didn't much care for the little I did. When working for yourself nothing you do or don't do gets by upper management. And if there is not a bunch of hired help nothing gets done unless you do it.

I really look forward to seeing more of what I deem important your stroller projects.
Bill w

Sorry about the no reply on these for a very long time but I have been crazy busy. I will get some more pics up the bug is actually sitting on a shelf in my shop because other paying projects popped up and that had to be put on the back burner.
shady

Good to see you found a minute to post. Paying projects are good. The bug is good too.
Bill w

shady wrote:Good to see you found a minute to post. Paying projects are good. The bug is good too.

It's for sale when it's all done if your interested. All the strollers are fun to build but also a lot of work because it welding/fab body work/paint interior and all of that takes a lot of time.
shady

I would like to be able to build one, but have no prospects for the use of one.