What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

Rough at 29.92 lol, not going to get much better in our world unless you take it to theory land. Critical processes that require vacuum has no room for "just good enough", PID control for pressure is a snap with a less than perfect vessel. I used to work on vessels that required both pressure and vacuum with large agitators, which of course meant there were two back to back either John Crane or Chesterton mechanical seals rigged in the stuffing box with a 3-4" shaft running through it. This was before the split seals, an issue meant pulling the entire reduction unit to repair. One of those clients you hate, super dick, but payed well and on time, so I was on top of tanks sometimes at 2:00 am doing the work.
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

The semiconductor industry, research labs, and NASA are three places I can think of that go to medium and high vacuum. We don't have the coin or the need for that kind of pump. There's $25K in the one I built.

Steve S
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Yeah!

Those pumps are running all weekend.

We went from sitting on our thumbs to more work than we can handle over the course of three days.

Back in the saddle! :D

Steve S