What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Sadly, it's not even half of the truth. My friend, who is a machinist, and probably the most anal person I have ever met, got to see OCC's bikes up close at Sturgis a few years ago and he told me that they were hack jobs. Not the production bikes but the custom ones made for the show. He said there were so many things wrong that he it looked like the bikes were built in a highschool metals class. He said that everything that was outsourced on the bikes, such as paint and chrome was great but OCC's part was a cobble job. Best of luck in your endeavors. Want anything bad enough and you will get it. 8-)

Jesse James was the real deal bike builder
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

If you look at the picture I've used as my "avatar" here, that's an OCC bike I'm sitting on. The executive VP for Airgas took that picture for me.

I might ride it in a parade, but I would not be comfortable on the Will Rogers Turnpike at 70 MPH.

Sure, it's pretty, but I would question the design, and am not impressed with the construction. The tank is an ACTUAL acetylene tank, not a replica, so it's top-heavy as hell.

BTW, the AirGas bike build did not appear on TV.

Steve S
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

As a fellow welder, biker and two-stroke nut, I am loving this thread.

And to the OP...very nice work!

Kym