What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

My school took a team of four people to our local technical college and had a junkyard wars where everyone took metal out of a scrap pile and made some art. There were some pretty awesome projects. I figured I'd put it out there as an idea for teachers for a good lesson for students about real life welding. The picture is ours and it was "The Giving Tree."
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (68.21 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

Nice job. There is a guy down here by the harbor that makes a living doing art like that.
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla
Farmwelding

An event like those also can develop skills. It was all mig welding and we used a lot of cast iron and engine parts. They also got some nice rewards for the winners.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Thats cool stuff. They could have made it more interesting by making you TIG everything...no grinding! :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding

Tig would have been really useful, but the school probably decided keep it simple and don't give these people who we've never met $8,000 tig machines and just let them use mig.
Nick
BennettSmith
    Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:03 am

Good job done,you have done some interesting work..
YukWelder
    Wed May 11, 2016 5:42 am
    Pacific Northwest, foothills of the Cascades

I could hang my hat on that!