What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Greg From K/W
    Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Nice... :D

Kym
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

:lol: It IS really that bad. My mailbox could survive at ground zero of a nuclear bomb blast. You could land a helicopter ......nevermind... :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

uploadfromtaptalk1466899768560.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1466899768560.jpg (111.99 KiB) Viewed 12057 times
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

exnailpounder wrote::lol: It IS really that bad. My mailbox could survive at ground zero of a nuclear bomb blast. You could land a helicopter ......nevermind... :lol:
Post a picture of the mailbox please. Kind of intrigued.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Mailbox's are a true story.
An old boss of mine around 30 yes ago had his standard lightweight letterbox bombed on cracker night.
Think cherry bomb with usual results.
He had a laugh and replaced it with another light weight one.
He stopped laughing when the replacement go blasted as well a few nights latter.
The resulting replacement was at least 3/8 inch thick and would have done the bomb squads blast containment container a run for its money.
No more buggered letterboxs.
Sorry no photos.
:D
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

We built a role cage to go into a mailbox so that it looked light weight but was in fact 3/8 steel base plate and 3/4 in hot rolled round. It slid into a standard mail box. The guy who wanted it was getting his baseball batted 1 a month. Said he had to replace the light weight box only one more time after we put the cage in! :twisted:
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Have seen some epic outback mailbox designs.

Bored kids plus shotguns, centrefire rifles and gelignite make a destructive combination.

Best I saw was a drum inside a bigger drum - stuff gap between drums with chicken wire then fill with concrete. Mount on a piece of train rail. Front end made from doubled up plow discs. As long as the slot is too small to 'post' a half stick of gelignite, they hold up pretty well.

Kym
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

In the land of lawyers and sue,over built mailboxes can become an "owners " liability. :( :twisted:
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
johnnynightstick
    Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:30 am

rick9345 wrote:In the land of lawyers and sue,over built mailboxes can become an "owners " liability. :( :twisted:
Security camera.
It would be remarkably embarrassing to answer in court why they were stuffing explosives inside of or bashing a bat into a letterbox. Even grainy film would show their actions. Pressing a suit is admission that they were present. Vandalism with explosives is terrorism. Smashing up a mailbox may be tampering with the mail...

My grandfather moved his rural mailbox post back @5-6' with a long arm to place the box in the original position so the county could run the wing under the box. He did this to stop the county snow plow from clipping off the box posts. They drove the plow further back and clipped off the new post.
Gramps set 8' of 10" concrete filled steel pipe around a new post.
When the county truck went off-road plowing again they ended up in the cornfield.

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk