mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
wvuarmyeng
    Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:25 am

looking at getting a machine that I can call my own. I currently use my buddies Lincoln 210 at his shop when I need to do something but for time sake and ease of access I'm looking at getting myself a unit

I have been lookin into a Hobart 210 Lincoln 210 or a miller comparable to either unit (it doesn't have to be multiprocess unless someone says they are truly worth it)

I just want to for small projects around the farm and to work on some of my smoker builds. If I go with the Hobart 210 I plan on adding the stickmate 235.

Thanks
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Well I've never used the 210mp but if I had to say I would go with multiprocess. It's gonna be lighter to move around on the farm and you only keep track of one machine. With the 210 you are going to have more accuracy in settings as well. No matter what you will want stick and mig on the farm.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I have and love a Miller MultiMatic that is about as nice a box as you can find. It Sticks, MIGs, Flux Core welds, TIGs steel and does aluminum with a Spoolgun. You can buy it as a Stick/MIG and have most of your needs met (for farm welding and smoker builds, Flux Core or Stick would be my recommendation). If you decide later you want TIG, buy an aftermarket torch cable and a pedal and and you’re off to the races.

It will run on 110 or 220 power and weights under 30 pounds. Hard to beat!
wvuarmyeng

cj737 wrote:I have and love a Miller MultiMatic that is about as nice a box as you can find. It Sticks, MIGs, Flux Core welds, TIGs steel and does aluminum with a Spoolgun. You can buy it as a Stick/MIG and have most of your needs met (for farm welding and smoker builds, Flux Core or Stick would be my recommendation). If you decide later you want TIG, buy an aftermarket torch cable and a pedal and and you’re off to the races.

It will run on 110 or 220 power and weights under 30 pounds. Hard to beat!
You get the 215 I'm guessing?
cj737

actually the 200. I’ve had it a few years. And ran it for 8 hours straight yesterday burning a 10# spool of Flux Core. Never quit on me yet.
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

look at the duty cycle and voltage range of the Lincoln vs the Hobart. The Lincoln wins in my mind. Plus the Lincoln has some nice features not found on the Hobart: infinite voltage, inductance, and run-in. Seeing Jody run dual shield through the Lincoln successfully also tips my vote that way. I have never heard of anyone doing that with the Hobart, but I could be wrong. It just seems like on MIG alone the Lincoln is a lot more welder than the Hobart. THEN you throw in the ability to do DC stick and DC TIG and I just can't imagine the Lincoln coming out on top. And as a stick welder, the Lincoln has features that the stickmate won't have: Arc force and hot start. I owned a stickmate, and do own a Handler 190. Nice machines, but at least on paper, the Lincoln seems much stronger.
Multimatic 255
wvuarmyeng

Ok so now I'm deff leading towards a Miller 211 or a multimatic 215. If it's the Miller or Lincoln which is the better way to go?

The infinite voltage adjust is a big plus the more I read and watch jodys videos.
cj737

The MultiMatic 215 is comparable to the Lincoln 210MP if I am not mistaken. The MillerMatic is primarily a MIG machine.

Between the Lincoln and the Miller, its all about your preference. Both are very good machines, you'll find fans of each, and most welding stores carry both so service should be equally available.

https://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/ ... are/index/
wvuarmyeng

cj737 wrote:The MultiMatic 215 is comparable to the Lincoln 210MP if I am not mistaken. The MillerMatic is primarily a MIG machine.

Between the Lincoln and the Miller, its all about your preference. Both are very good machines, you'll find fans of each, and most welding stores carry both so service should be equally available.

https://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/ ... are/index/
Yea I know the 211 is straight mig just trying to decide which machine is worth it for me. I want to learn stick and at some point tig... I was always told to get the best machine you can afford
cj737

Words to live by...
wvuarmyeng

Well I didn't mean to post that all those times...... phone was acting up last night
wvuarmyeng

Why is it that some of these sites show the msrp price as the sale price and their regular price 3-400 more. So my punt is who is the best to deal with and should a wait to see if miller puts that rebate out again in October? Talked to a local shop and they had the price at msrp
cj737

The place I linked, Indiana Oxygen (weldingsuppliesfromioc.com) has always had equal to, or better pricing than anywhere I've bought anything welding-related. Their inventory, shipping and Customer Service is excellent too.

Even if Miller has rebates, their price is their sale price. You get the Rebate on top of that. I saved about $400 when I bought my MM200 a couple of years ago under this same scenario. They have never charged me shipping for any machine I've bought through them either.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

wvuarmyeng wrote:Well I didn't mean to post that all those times...... phone was acting up last night
No sweat, happens all the time. Duplicate posts removed.

Steve
    Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:53 pm

When do these MIG welders go on sale?
Lincoln 100 amp transformer MIG w/flux core wire
HF TIG w/no pedal for steel & stainless, Stick w/3/32 6011,7018
Formerly: Victor O/A and Lincoln 225 AC buzz box
Looking to upgrade
Bikes-XR250, CRF230
wvuarmyeng

Last year it was Oct- Dec I'm hoping it's the same this year
    Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:53 pm

wvuarmyeng wrote:Last year it was Oct- Dec I'm hoping it's the same this year
Cool, maybe I'll go blue then. With the money I save, I can buy an everlast that burns 6010. Two welders are more better than one. :lol:
Lincoln 100 amp transformer MIG w/flux core wire
HF TIG w/no pedal for steel & stainless, Stick w/3/32 6011,7018
Formerly: Victor O/A and Lincoln 225 AC buzz box
Looking to upgrade
Bikes-XR250, CRF230
wvuarmyeng

$200 rebate is up!!!
wvuarmyeng

Since the rebate is up is it worth getting the tig package or just better buying those separately or just use the extra to buy extra stuff... already have a welding helmet wife got me for christmas and a few pair of gloves along with grinder (going to be getting a few more so i dont have to change each time)
cj737

wvuarmyeng wrote:Since the rebate is up is it worth getting the tig package or just better buying those separately or just use the extra to buy extra stuff... already have a welding helmet wife got me for christmas and a few pair of gloves along with grinder (going to be getting a few more so i dont have to change each time)
I personally prefer a different pedal (SSC) and a CK Superflex hose to the supplied rubber hose. I also got mine in 25’ versus the 12’. For the $200 savings, I think you’ll come out ahead with better gear that you’ll prefer later.
wvuarmyeng

Thanks I'm going to my lws hopefully Tuesday
SportBikePC
    Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:08 am

wvuarmyeng wrote:Thanks I'm going to my lws hopefully Tuesday

Pretty much got the same thing going I’m stuck between the 211 and 215, what did you end up getting? The rebate on the 215 puts it in close range of the 211 price ..
Instagram: sportbikepowdercoating
wvuarmyeng

Well work decided to get crazy so I haven't made it back up. Picked up a used thunderbolt xl for an ok price so I may just end up with the 211 when I make it there

Now I'm still debaiting on what to get. It keeps running through my head to get the 252 or even go with a hobart. The stick will keep me busy and don't have any projects lined up I can't do with the stick so who knows.

Anyone remember what rebates come out and on what machines in January?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk