Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Felkhar
    Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:44 pm

Hello,
I am in the market for a at home/side job type of machine. I have been looking at the AHP and the Everlast Powertig 210DV for sometime now. I am wondering what your guy's thoughts are. I know the Everlast is more money, but if the price difference is worth it, then I would go that route. The control panel looks nicer on the Everlast, the Everlast seems to have a couple more features, and it has two more years of warranty. Please let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Mike
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Used AHPs show up on Craig's list every few weeks around here, some are really good buys. Buying used would be a good way to figure out what you really need and still recover your investment. I've never used one, but it seems like the cheapest way to find out if you really have a use for it.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
Felkhar

So far on facebook, craigslist, and letgo in my area i have had no luck. Only tig welders I have seen are expensive Miller Dynasty and Syncowave machines unfortunately. I would love to have either one of those, but both are out of my price range for a machine for home.
bkm659
    Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Hello Felkar, I have not used the everlast machine so take it for what you will but I bought an AHP Alpha-Tig 200x earlier this year. I have about 60 hours on it and I own my own business. So far, if I needed five more welders, I would buy this one again all five times. I love it. It seemed a little hotter than the miller that I was using but after a little I adjusted. Best wishes
bkm659
    Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Here is my machine.
Attachments
IMG_5105.JPG
IMG_5105.JPG (35.85 KiB) Viewed 5529 times

I've had an AHP for a couple years now. They've improved it a bit since I got mine -- wider AC frequency range and such. I didn't like the ergonomics of the supplied pedal, and got an SSC pedal for it. Other than that, no gripes at all. Good machine.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
Felkhar

Awesome. Thank you for your input gentlemen!
Mojo88
    Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Recently went through the same shopping process, and ended up with this:
AlphaTIG200X

I'm a noob at TIG, but it seems to be working great.
dgapilot
    Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 pm

When I was shopping, I went with the Everlast 210EXT, a little more money, but can go much lower amps if you need it for thin material.
David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene