Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
christiankeith90
    Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:59 am

How has everyone's experience been with stick welding with this machine? I don't stick weld much and I haven't had much success with it. How does it compare to other true stick welding machines?
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I have never personally used it but I know I've seen Jody use it and get great results. What did are you using and with what amperage? Pictures?
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I’ve stick welded with mine. It’s good. Like Jody mentioned in his recent review it doesn’t like 6010. But I’ve run 6011,6013,7018 and some 316 ss. I have another machine that’s my go to for stick, but I won’t hesitate to use the 210 because it will run off 110v but my other machine is 220v only.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
christiankeith90
    Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:59 am

I'll keep working on it. I've always had trouble with porosity on my 7018 welds. And haven't had a lot of luck with 6011 but I think I just need more practice.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

How do your7018 rods look? If they have absorbed too much moisture or if the flux is cracking then it might be a rod quality problem. Is the porosity in the whole weld or just at the start stop points?
I have more questions than answers

Josh