Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

A question for our Australian members. A friend in QL is considering one of these two machines. Application would be for motorcycle parts and repairs. The idea is to eventually set it up with a cooler unit and a 20 series torch.

https://www.tradetools.com/product-rang ... duty-cycle

https://www.ewelders.com.au/welding-mac ... erter.html

We've browsed the internet to see if these are a "known" Chinese brand, but no results. If anyone has used one, knows someone who has one or can add some comments regarding these machines , it would be appreciated. Thanks.
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Here's a thread on the Renegade.

Uni Mig has a 20% duty cycle at 185A, not sure what you plan to do with it, but that's pretty low. Couldn't find any specs on Renegade.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

JASIC welders should be available near you right?

They have a good reputation. I don't own one, but people I trust own them and sell them.

Edit: I forgot uni-mig is made by JASIC....
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
bigblock57
    Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:28 am

I have the uni mig 200 amp ac/dc tig and find it good for home use
I don't use it all day every day but for my situation I am happy with it
bigblock
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Hiya Kiwi.

I've been using the Metalmaster 215 Elite from Tokentools for a couple years now. Can't fault the machine or the seller - always ready with backup regardless of when I call.

I've welded thin steel tube, thick plate (when making a bender) as well as thin aluminium, stainless...all sorts. I've had very good success repairing aluminium and cast aluminium motorcycle parts - rearsets, broken cast aluminium frame lugs and even cast aluminium subframes.

The 'Tig for dummies' is great to get started but I quickly jumped in and started experimenting with frequency settings, pulse, everything. Has been an easy machine to learn on and I don't feel I'll outgrow it any time soon.

One tiny note - the standard size 26 torch supplied with the unit is too big and clumsy - request a 17 and you'll be good to go. Hope this helps.

Moz
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

Many thanks to all who have provided information and opinions.

Makes for a much more informed choice. Cheers.

kiwi