mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
    Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi Folks,
I have my MIG welder dialed in pretty good for 1/8" mild steel, but I'm getting a lot of splatter and winding up with lots of beebees.
Can you tell me what's causing it?
I've had penetration problems with this machine, so I have the power maxed out and the wire speed at 5. I have tried speeding up the wire, but the machine can't seem to handle any faster than 5. It starts pushing back on the gun and knocking my hand all over the place.
I'm using C25 gas.
Thanks,
Scotty Babb
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Posible ground issues.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

What welder are you using? Specs.?
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
    Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Output Amperage Range: 25-135 A
Maximum Output No Load Voltage: 28 V DC
Maximum Input Amperage: 20 Amp
Input Voltage: 120 VAC 60 Hz
Rated Duty Cycle: 20% @ 90 A
Torch Consumables: Tweco Style 1 and 2
Wire Feed Rate: 40-450 IPM

Eastwood's own MIG 135 Welder: as good as the "name brands", but at a fraction of the price!

Welds mild and stainless steel as thin as 24-gauge
Welds up to 3/16" with solid core wire
Welds up to 1/4" with flux core wire
25-135-amp welding range
Tweco-Style Gun and Consumables