General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
olek
    Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:07 pm

I heard of a collaborative cell phone app allowing to take pics of welds, along with most or all the parameters used

I take pics to record my progress and keep memory of parms, an app that could put the data in a database would be easier than my actual method (pics need to contain writings with chalk so the data is really crude despite what I add at the end of the session)

Do some hear of such app (Android for me ...)

Thank you
Pianos , restorer and tuner
Dedicated to learn welding since april
slowly learning ;) not complaining of doing beads and beads
pro inverter PROGYS 200 FV PFC CEL+tig lift
OA Oxyflam 1000 cutting and welding gas torch
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

There is the share my weld app that Jody put out but it I think it is only on Apple so far. They are working on the Android version.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
olek

Farmwelding wrote:There is the share my weld app that Jody put out but it I think it is only on Apple so far. They are working on the Android version.
Thank you, I hope the development is not halted. No information after June 2016, looks like they had problem with the storage provider, and needed to find another.

(possibly a free storage is not allowing that type of collaborative use)

The idea is just perfect so I hope I will see it on Android, even if not free.

Regards
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

A small write in the rain notebook will easily fit in your pocket.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
olek

79jasper wrote:A small write in the rain notebook will easily fit in your pocket.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
sure, but it may be easier to select the valuable information, if you weld a lot.

at the start of the learning process, pictures are very useful I think ; you look at them along your progress and can understand better what happened.
olek

For the ones intereted , find a database application on Android, that is perfect, to document our exercices or weldings
the name is Memento
https://mementodatabase.com/
You need to setup the fields you want to enter data , not very difficult, if done intelligently you can enter all the wanted information almost without using the keyboard.

Then there are fields that allow you to take pics and insert its link to the data
Fields that allow to scan a barcode and enter it in the sheet (for rod box for instance)

Also converters and calc are available if you need to compute to enter some data

If someone is interested, I can give my database, he only will need to rename the fields in english

The base can be synchronised with a Google sheet file (as Excel)

Operations with a cloud are possible , but only with the paid version, so possibly exchnges of recordings are possible, as more than one user working on the same database

Pics are not recorded, only their link is, so the base do not grow too fast
Mypicsare in Google drive (synchronized) I did not notice if that helps to borrow the data or to work on different computers/ cell phones

Regards
,PS there are many databases for Android I had no time to compare and check them, and as soon that one do what I want, perfect for me ;)

I will post the list of the fields, if some have ideas of fields I did not add I will be pleased to know