General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Panchdara
    Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:22 am

Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

If Jody has chosen not to export there are other places in Europe to get their stuff.

Rapid welding in UK is one of them.
Panchdara

AndersK wrote:If Jody has chosen not to export there are other places in Europe to get their stuff.

Rapid welding in UK is one of them.
I find it unfitting that he would use the word WORLDWIDE is all....
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

CK Worldwide is the name of the company that design and make the stuff. Jody is one of their distributors among many others. Sometimes the contract prevents one distributor to export.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Sometimes, small distributors are not setup to ship internationally due to Customs declarations, shipping rates, etc. Its somewhat of a hassle and not worth their time/money too. But you can find SuperFlex cables internationally and buy a CK or Miller #17 torch anywhere.

On a personal note, I'd suggest the 25' cable, not the 12.5' cable and use Miller gas lenses over the CKs. The Miller lens has a smaller thickness tungsten shoulder resulting in a larger surface area of the lens diffuser itself. Also, it has a flat area along the threads for rubber grommets if you choose to use a Pyrex style cup for ally or stainless welds. The CK does not. They're pretty cost similar, but the Miller has proven to be a better lens in my experience. They are otherwise completely compatible to each other.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Well even if Jody could send stuff it's never worth it - anything from the states gets hit by so many taxes it costs over double the asking price time you get it & all the CK stuff is available from UK Ebay / Amazon & Rapid - also if it's a common item you can buy through other weld suppliers such as Rtech who are much better people to deal with & you can talk to them - they actually weld !
Panchdara

Didn't mean to seem harsh. Actually, this particular item has educated me quite a bit on aftermarket products for these machines. I guess CK have agreements with their overseas distributors. In regards duties (taxes) in other jurisdictions, they can be what might make or break a sale if that dealer has the product and it can't be sourced elsewhere. Shipping costs internationally seem to be hit-or-miss. US -> UK (or Bermuda where I initially started, where import duties kill you) US-> International shipping costs always seem to be horrendous, yet HK/China -> UK is most reasonable (and for the most part fee of import taxes) Even New Zealand -> International shipping costs has proven reasonable. (I still wonder at how some items from the far East can be profitable when their postage charge is sometimes less than a buck!) I will say that there are many instances where a product found in US is not easily available elsewhere.

Back on subject: CK are represented in UK and the pricing is quite reasonable. Yes NoddyBrian - Dylan and Mike are more than welcoming to help. Thanks CJ - I'll look at the miller GL too.

Regards
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Panchdara,
CK Worldwide is in fact Worldwide. As stated earlier, it wouldn't even be cost effective for Weldmonger to ship international. And, CK already has distributors elsewhere. If you would like I will give you the email address of a few that can help you fill your TIG torch need. Send me a PM.
-Jonathan
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Taken from Jody's receipt email, about shipping out of the country:

**INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: Please note, *CUSTOMS FEES MAY BE DUE UPON DELIVERY, DEPENDING ON YOUR COUNTRY*. We are located in the USA, and shipments via USPS First Class mail can take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to reach you, due to delays that tend to happen with customs (*note: Canadian deliveries are usually much faster). Please keep an eye out for a delivery note from your local post office, and if your order seems to be taking too long to arrive, please give them a call first to make sure they're not holding the package for you. They often do.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737