General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
parks450
    Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:51 pm

Hello first post here. I am looking at purchasing a new welder, 90% of my use I will be mig but having a tig option is nice. I have narrowed it down to the miller 211, multimatic 215, and the Lincoln 210mp. I am leaning towards the miller 211, and 215 but really am having a tough time deciding. Anyone who has used the machines I would appreciate your input. Thanks, John
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I've only used the 211 and can say it is a solid machine. I've used with self shielded flux core mostly but it does a good job on 110 and 220 volt. Me personally I would go with the multiprocess route myself though. Always nice to have the stick option. I can't speak to which multiprocess is better. And the price once you're done is actually fairly close.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

The 210 is definitely geared more towards mig. But has the option of stick or dc tig. I have the 210, and I’ve been happy with it because I use it mostly for mig. I have other machines for tig and stick. It won’t run a 6010 stick very well or at all depending on the operator. 7018 runs good, and the tig has been smooth when I used it.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I have the MultiMatic 200and have used the 215 too. Both weld their balls off in all processes, be it MIG, TIG, Spool or Stick. It’s pretty darn impressive for the price. I used it with Flix Core to repair backhoe buckets and dump truck beds, welded up Jon boats, and MIG,ed up a welding truck bed. I used it this past weekend to TIG up a trailer. At 29# of portability, and small bottle of Argon, and Lift Arc, it can do just about anything you throw at it. Arc is smooth, interface simple and straight forward, and swapping processes is super easy. The Lincoln also gets rave reviews from owners, so I don’t think you’d go wrong with either. Skip the 211,it’s a MIG box with no TiG to my knowledge.
parks450

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be going with the 215
wvuarmyeng
    Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:25 am

The Lincoln doesn't have the duel gas solinoids like the miller 215

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
parks450

Good deal, just got a call my 215 came in today so get to grab it tomorrow and see what she is made of over the weekend
Spwelding
    Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:56 pm

I have a question about the miller multimatic 215, can you do dual shield fluxcore welding with it ? Does anyone kknow?
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Spwelding wrote:I have a question about the miller multimatic 215, can you do dual shield fluxcore welding with it ? Does anyone kknow?
You can, but there's no AutoSet feature for it. With Dual Shield, you're basically hard wire MIG so simply swap the internal spool for a spool of Dual shield wire. Polarity is DCEP if I recall correctly. Run your 75/25.

The difficulty I encountered looking for Dual Shield wire to do this same thing was I could only find Dual Shield on 40# spools. And they won't fit in the MM200/215. So you'd have to spool wire off and onto the 10# spool (kind of like spooling a fishing reel). Otherwise, your MM won't care.