Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
    Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:28 am

Hello! I'm brand new here, looks like an awesome community to meet! I'm a senior in high school looking for a career in welding.

We have a local competition coming up, and I've been practicing like crazy. I just did this today. What do you all think?

E6010 73 amps 3/32 gap.

Image Image
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Your pictures didn't show, at least on my computer.

Welcome to the forum!
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Same, no pics on my end.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:28 am

Sorry, it seems you must right click them and open in a new tab.
aland
    Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

I'm just posting these pics from the OP...somehow google has them un-viewable for 3rd party hosting, but don't know that for certain...these seem to view...

That second pic doesn't look like a bad root pass, IMO. Is the first pic the fill pass ? Has a slight undercut on it. Maybe adjust the amps slightly. the top weld looks questionable along the seam, but that could be my untrained eye. :roll:

Alan

Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I would guess that those are two pics of the same weld. One from each side. If so then there is a little lack of fusion on the back side. Not bad. Things look pretty even. I’d recommend running a little hotter. What size rod? 1/8? How much land?
I have more questions than answers

Josh
CHCWeldingLLC
    Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 am

Same questions as Poland but to me it looks like the gap is wide, you shouldn’t be able to fit your 1/8 rod though to the backside, causing you to keyhole the gap open, then allowing you to push the rod into the backside and get some build up.
CHC Welding
Chcwelding.com