What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 am

I would just like to share this with you guys, a torch holder for 3 which I completed recently. Originally my plan was only for a stinger holder but as I was working on it, I decided to add two more in one stand and see how it will come out. Well I did liked and love the result, it may not be a perfect holder but for sure will be put to good use. :D
All materials used were scrap stainless steel with some ms plates and irons for the stand, done only with a DC stick welder.

The main skeleton or body where the three holders will be attached.

Attachment no. 1 for the stinger holder.

Attachment no. 2 for a Tig torch.

Attachment no. 3 for a Mig gun/torch.

Pics of the attachments installed and with the base stand that will be clamped on my welding table. :) :lol:
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Cool. And an ornamental gusset to boot. Nice use of scraps.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
Nils
    Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Love it! The scroll work, gives it that savoir-faire. Nicely finished too. I see the TIG holder, the MIG holder, what's the fork one for?
Everlast PowerTig 250EX, PowerTig 185 Micro, PowerArc 160STH, Miller Trailblazer 301G, Millermatic 140 Auto-Set
Ultralow787
    Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Nice work!
I'm thinking the one on an angle is for the MIG gun, the vertical one is for the stinger, and the fork one is to hold the TIG torch?
We need a shot of all three hanging in there!
Perfection is impossible, but if you strive for perfection, excellence is obtainable!

1983 Canox "Sparkler" 225 AC Stick Welder
Hobart 210 MVP MIG Welder
Harris "Spitfire" Oxy-Acetylene Set
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Looks good to me.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200

Ultralow787 wrote:Nice work!
I'm thinking the one on an angle is for the MIG gun, the vertical one is for the stinger, and the fork one is to hold the TIG torch?
We need a shot of all three hanging in there!

Yes you got it all right Ultrlow787 and thanks. So sorry about those three torches hanging in those holders, I only have a DC stick welder and the other two, hmmmm well how I wish I have them already. Actually the original project was only for the stinger but since I am planning/saving some money for a Mig and a Tig welder, well I said to myself I will add and incorporate already these two holders so to always remind me of the needed welders in the future. HAHAHA, :lol: Its just like brainwashing myself for these two welders, well why not, I would love to learn how to use these two other machines since I may use it in the near future when doing metal art or sculptures. Plus I have the necessary video guides to lean from on YouTube and the videos I have subscribed from WT&T.com as sent by admin Cody. ;) 8-)

Yeah I can post some pics of only the stick holder hanging.

Just a few pics of the electrode holder hanging on the extendable holder. :)

Well I guess this will be enough for now.
But anyway thanks all you guys for the very positive reactions for this project. Do appreciate it so much

CHEERS TO ALL !!! :D
ehart4130
    Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Great job! Looks like it gets everything done!
Keep learning!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Do I sense a bit of "steam punk" in the design? It has a Victorian feel. ;)

Steve S
ctfordguy
    Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi,

Did you considera magnetic base attachment for work away from your vise?
Nice job.
Bruce

No no no friend, this simple torch holder and stand is supposed to be clamped on the welding table. Perhaps the handle you are seeing being gripped by a vise was only meant to keep it upright while I was taking some pics thus being able to rotate it from different angles/position. ;)
pierdole
    Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:00 pm

OK! So, how come there's no engraving? ;)

ctfordguy wrote:Hi,

Did you considera magnetic base attachment for work away from your vise?
Nice job.
Bruce

Hi there Bruce,

Sorry for the so so late response !

Nope I never considered or thought of using a magnetic base for it, I really wanted it to be securely clamped on one side of the welding table since its usage is that it can be raised and rotated at any direction as the need arises.
And the table vise use was only to hold the entire Holder and Stand so I can take pics of the simple project at different angles and positions. :)

pierdole wrote:OK! So, how come there's no engraving? ;)

Hi pierdole,

Ahhh, can you elaborate, sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean regarding the engraving thing ! :?

roberts56 wrote:
pierdole wrote:OK! So, how come there's no engraving? ;)

Hi pierdole,

Ahhh, can you elaborate, sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean regarding the engraving thing ! :?
I think that was a humorous compliment that got lost in translation. Since you "fancied" it up with the scrollwork (very nice, by the way).

Think of a collector's edition of a Colt .45 revolver, with pearl handles and engraving, versus the plain work-a-day model a cowboy would carry every day.

Steve S

OH ! thanks Steve for the explanation, got it now !! Sorry for the slow pick up.

Like I said before, thanks again to all you guys for the kind compliments. :D

roberts56,

Keep posting projects!

We all like the practical, and the artistic, and when you can do both at the same time...

That's what we all aspire to!

Steve S