Discuss welding shows, learning seminars, workshops and other events here.
Alumike
    Sun May 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Is anyone going to Fabtech? Nov 19-22. in Chicago.
nickn372
    Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 am

I want to if my schedule opens up for it. Prolly be a last minute decision though.
Be the monkey....
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

you would think fabtech could make an appearance in nyc once in my lifetime? i would love to see it.
echosixmike
    Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:03 am

Maybe. Going to be a last minute thing also. S/F....Ken M
Red: PowerMIG 300, Square Wave 175
Blue: DEL200, Syncro250, XMT300
Green: STH160
Black: Tweco 181i Fabricator
Oddball: Craftsman HF unit
Ranger
    Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:00 pm

jwmacawful wrote:you would think fabtech could make an appearance in nyc once in my lifetime? i would love to see it.
lol nothing seems to come East Coast even with off road trucks .....
BDoubleU

Fabtech might not come to NYC, but you can hit East-tech for a taste ... West-tech if you prefer SoCal.
weldfusion.com
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

How 'bout "south tech"?

If it comes to New Orleans...

Steve S
GG47
  • GG47

Fab Tech McCorrmick sucked... flat out, thank god my school paid $50 to let me in. Wont be back ever again....

I went hoping to see Jodi at a booth, nope. So I just circled around collecting tungston samples and what not till my ride home showed up.

Lotta Mennonites, whole bunch,,, odd....
Last edited by GG47 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GG47
  • GG47

Man,,, I crack myself up.. :lol:
nathan
    Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:20 pm

I'm looking for a weekend job just so that I can save up some cash for the hotel and flight. If all turns out alright, I'll be there. Hoping for an opportunity to network face-to-face and learn a few things.
Instagram: @nathanppiatt

Owner/welder at Homegrown Metal Fab

Lincoln Weld-Pak 125 HD
Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
Lincoln Port-a-torch
30" 40 ton homegrown press brake
Northern Industrial1HP 3/4" chuck, 16 speed drill press
GG47
  • GG47

Fabtech in Chicago 2015- *From a Welders Vantage Point*

Was again extremely boring, as with every other year. If your not into sales and marketing it's pretty much useless to you. Unless your from a small farm town like the Mennonites there with the look of amazement as to what the English man has built. -Well, wealthy white folk that funded illegal immigrants to construct McCormick Place, lets be honest for a with ourselves!!! Then they were put back on unemployment once project was complete. With a hand full of fat-ass whites pretending to fix shit around there that will get a healthy pension plan. Those are the guys in orange vests standing around while you pay $30 to park your car!!

If your an average guy (worker. welder), nobody cares to speak to you by any means. They are all basically slimy car salesmen in a row of booths looking for a suit to sell their garbage too. They are extremely bored with having to be there for 3-4 days straight, watching the poor "you and I" walk past them and look at their shit. Fabtech has absolutely NOTHING to do with the average, day to day welder.

It's just a big show for the big wigs that eat at 5 star resorts every night. Jodi who I love, will show up, but he's one of what,, "one in zero" taking the time to represent the welding field. Yet politicians will push for the need for welders!! We're on your side, they say!! You wont see all the bull shit "promise land" people (which, I fell for) you read about, making 100K/yr with endless opportunities, if that's what you thinking. The bullshit that wasted 3 years of my life, and probably yours as well.

You may have a local union, which is buried 1-2K people deep trying to get into, representing their no good shit bag, cry baby ass union. Pushing walk in academic test scores above bachelors degree levels for a $14/hr entry level position. Oh but you have to be spit on for 5 years working like a dog before your "one of us" (useless asses). They are as professional as the hells angles and as big of pussies at the same time, yet it's fully legal and supported. If your dad or uncle isn't a member then good luck! Just like all bullshit ass fire/ems/police department positions and their corrupt bullshit.

What! The land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy!!!

Like it or not, you've just read two minutes of the truth!!

As a repeat visitor to Fabtech,, pass....
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

If you find yourself not welcome in some circles it might be your attitude!!!
Go be somewhere your happy.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

I've never felt unwelcome, anywhere. These people all have something to sell, and they are TAUGHT and TRAINED not to pre-judge a prospect. If they are ignoring you, it's probably you.

Sorry to say it, but that's a basic rule of sales; never make assumptions about a prospect.

Steve S
John Chamorro
    Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:44 am
    San Antonio Valley Peoples Republic of Californy

Come on! Tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back , let it all out. It will be good for your soul.

just noticed I'm 4 months late.
I don't know it all but I'm working on it.

GG47 no longer appears in the database, which means he was removed for some reason... Even If you bow out voluntarily, your data remains until/unless an admin deletes you. I've been asked to delete records before, and I've outright deleted people who are serious problems to the peace of the forum. I don't recall the circumstances of this case, but I'm pretty sure this fellow made a point of being argumentative long before his post about FabTech, which made it easy for me to challenge him on his attitude.

As a moderator with some Admin privileges, I rarely allow myself to say more than I feel is needed to make my point, even when pissed off, so it's likely this fellow had been annoying the forum for a while.

We have a great community here. Sometimes the moderators have to do rude things to rude people to keep it that way...

Steve S
John Chamorro
    Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:44 am
    San Antonio Valley Peoples Republic of Californy

I float in and out of a few forums, mainly Cobra and Fe Ford forums. One thing I hate is the one or 2 righteous SOB's that know it all and continually have to try to prove it.
Besides that,,, being a newcomer here, I didn't realize that the posts were that old.
I don't know it all but I'm working on it.