What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

1496661_10152176203936528_1318002980_n.jpg
1496661_10152176203936528_1318002980_n.jpg (71.29 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
My wonderful wife made this by herself. She cut the pieces, welded, and ground the piece all by herself. She is very proud of it and has entered it in a contest and would greatly appreciate support. Her entry is the first one, made out of horseshoes: http://www.browning.com/buckmark/result ... rch=Search
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
    Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:47 am

Women who took over welding duties during the construction of aircraft in England during WW2 were recognised as better welders than men.

Now, such generalisations always have their limits ... but I have seen women do extremely well in trade studies, and later at work.

Perhaps your wife would like some rebar, few stainless cleats and a batch of scrap aluminium so that she can really show us her stuff.

Good on both of you.
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

She has been welding for over a year now and is very good with mig, impressive with stick and her and I both just started tig together. She is very proud of that because she did all the cutting, bending, welding, and grinding herself. She wouldn't even let me come inside the shop while she was working on it. She is so happy with it that I had to hang it up in our bedroom. She loves to weld and loves to learn more about it so I keep teaching her and she keeps practicing.
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt