Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
    Sat May 24, 2014 5:55 pm

is there a way to extend the login expiration? I don't know how long it takes before I'm automatically logged off, but it's way too quick... I end up logging on over and over all day long, it's quite annoying... Would be nice to not be logged off automatically at all, I think the only reason that function ever existed in the first place, was as a form of security for those websites that had a reason to be secure... like banks. Not really needed for a welding forum. I looked for a way to change it in my profile settings but couldn't find it, does it exist and I'm just blind? Or should I just take my welding hood off before I look for it? :D ... thanks!
can't believe it took me this many years to buy a diamond wheel for my bench grinder... what a difference
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

There's a check-box on the login page, [log me on automatically each visit] which will prevent your login from expiring.

Note that I've never used the forum from tapatalk, so I'm not sure that option is available for smart-phone users.

Steve S
    Sat May 24, 2014 5:55 pm

hmmm thanks Otto.... I've tried that before but it didn't seem to work, maybe its something on my own settings on my browser or something... i just set it again, not going to close my browser or clear the cookies and see what happens...
can't believe it took me this many years to buy a diamond wheel for my bench grinder... what a difference
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Otto Nobedder wrote: I'm not sure that option is available for smart-phone users.

Steve S
It is (Im not using tapatalk )
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

AndersK wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote: I'm not sure that option is available for smart-phone users.

Steve S
It is (Im not using tapatalk )
You should be,then you'd have a like button lol
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

clearing cookies on mine,also clears my auto log in
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
    Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

I always check "Log me in automatically each visit" ...and sure enough , each time I visit, I have to put in the username and pword ... This and my wells fargo are the only sites that do that .
Wells fargo should require this ...weldingtipsandtrick , not so much

subwayrocket wrote:I always check "Log me in automatically each visit" ...and sure enough , each time I visit, I have to put in the username and pword ... This and my wells fargo are the only sites that do that .
Wells fargo should require this ...weldingtipsandtrick , not so much
Once in a great while I have to log in, I enter my UN and PW, I then get the message I've had too many log in attempts (it was only one try!), and have to do the captcha thing.

subway don't know if it could be the security settings on your browser, or if you're using an older browser
Richard
Website
    Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

it's on all the computers in my house . They log into every other site no prob ...and remember the user and pwords .
Owell ...no biggie
Tom Osselton
    Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:33 am

I just use a tablet and rarely close the window till a upgrade to apps or system.