Ideas & suggestions for videos
zachsback
    Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:03 pm

I'm trying to weld a mitered 90deg corner on 6in 26guage stainless, any help on settings and procedure would be great. I am currently welding at 18A with 1/16 in 2% tung, pure AR and pulse at about 25-30 with 1/16in filler. Im pretty sure my filler is to big, not going so well. Any ideas on how to make it go smoother? Maybe less bud light would help as well. :D
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Your settings sound workable. I've used .035 and .045 MIG wire as filler on thin material... It pulls much less heat from the puddle and adds less filler. It's available in spools as small as two pounds.

Steve S

If you have the MIG wire and don't have a lot of welds to make then go for it, it you have to buy wire then buy .035 or .045 TIG wire.
Richard
Website
zachsback

Otto Nobedder wrote:Your settings sound workable. I've used .035 and .045 MIG wire as filler on thin material... It pulls much less heat from the puddle and adds less filler. It's available in spools as small as two pounds.

Steve S
Thanks for the suggestion, It never even crossed my mind! I do have SS hard wire.
zachsback

LtBadd wrote:If you have the MIG wire and don't have a lot of welds to make then go for it, it you have to buy wire then buy .035 or .045 TIG wire.
Thanks for that, I was curious what size filler would be best.