Discussion about tradeschools, techschools, universities and other programs.
Gtmpsgt
    Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:31 pm

My employer wants to setup a welder training program for new and current welders. We are having trouble finding training for advanced welders and continued education. Seems like everything out there is geared toward passing a coupon and not skill development. Any ideas? And this is a refinery so we mostly weld pipe.
    Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:13 am

AWS does have a pipe curriculum. You should be able to get the books and a list of CWE's, materials and test sites from them.

This might help with getting you started:
http://www.aws.org/certification/
Chris
NASA is not the enemy of the American taxpayer.
AWS D1.1, D17.1
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

A location would help. In south LA/E. TX, www.gbria.org can turn you on to training.

Steve S
Anderson35
    Wed May 04, 2016 12:20 am

Hey, where is your location. I am from Canada. I suggest you opt for a corporate training program by some welding schools. That’s the best option if you want good results training your current and new employees.
Last edited by Anderson35 on Tue May 10, 2016 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderson35
    Wed May 04, 2016 12:20 am

In my company they have arranged an institute to give training. That's the best for you. Connect with an Institute that gives corporate training in welding. That way, u can give training for new employees and give expert level training for your current employees. That's what we get here.