mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I have a Lincoln Pro Mig 180 MIG welder. I am looking into getting a Lincoln K2532-1 Spool Gun. Anyone know what is required to use this on my machine. I saw a video on YOU -TUBE where the Lincoln welder ( a different model) had a switch that was "internal/external" I don't believe my welder doesn't have this........any help would be appreciated!!!
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

You'd have to find out if that model can take a spoolgun first. Sometimes it's just as easy as pulling off a panel and plugging in a pre-wired module for the gun. Your owners manual should tell you if you can add that option or not.
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
rahtreelimbs

I emailed Lincoln about the Spool Gun.......got this reply.........

There is a toggle switch and a harness that comes with the K2532-1, 100SG spool gun. This is a one time installation and there is a step by step set of instructions that come with the spool gun. I hope this helps
delraydella

That particular gun may not work with your welder. The pdf for your model indicates a different spoolgun is to be used....

'Spool Gun Ready – add the optional Magnum 100SG spool gun for
reliable operation at the high wire feed speeds aluminum welding
demands. No expensive outboard modules required."

Here's a link to what I found....

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/e ... e/E727.pdf
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
delraydella

On a second look, I guess that is the right gun for that welder. It should work.
rahtreelimbs

Did a lot of looking for this Spool Gun. Lowe's didn't list it on their website.......but Sears and Home Depot had it so I called Lowe's customer service and found out a Lowe's had 2 in stock. It was a little bit of a drive but well worth it. Got the Spool Gun for $171 out the door ( used a 10% off coupon). Got it home and hooked it up..........welds real nice!