General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

We can finally announce the Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast is live and ready to be listened to! Roy Crumrine, Jody Collier and myself are the hosts and the podcast is geared specifically to welders and fabricators. We talk shop, interview Instagram celebrities and just have a good time. We will be posting bi-weekly so be sure to follow us so you don't miss any episodes. The podcast will be on iTunes and other podcast platforms as soon as they load there as well.

http://wttpodcast.libsyn.com/
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Jonathan, I'm listening to the download version as I type this.

What a great idea!

I look forward to the topics as they come up, and am willing to contribute as the opportunity may arise. I'm in a position where I have to be careful what I disclose, but I'm in a position to have a lot of leeway in that.

Steve S
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Even more info...that can't be a bad thing.

I like the slightly more spontaneous tone of the podcast. Well, of this first one, anyhow! I will listen to all of these just like I watch all of the videos. It all helps build my knowledge base.

Thanks guys,

Kym

Otto Nobedder wrote:Jonathan, I'm listening to the download version as I type this.

What a great idea!

I look forward to the topics as they come up, and am willing to contribute as the opportunity may arise. I'm in a position where I have to be careful what I disclose, but I'm in a position to have a lot of leeway in that.

Steve S
It looks like this podcast is entirely based on Instagram?

Steve S

Steve,
I guess the main focus is Instagram since that is where we spend most of our time and is extremely popular with the welder crowd these days. Don't worry though, there are other topics that will be of interest as well. The next episode will be a good one for everyone even if you are not heavily involved in social media.
-Jonathan
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Like podcast on my desk top PC :D
But as an oldster don't do instagram/facebook,phones are too smart for me and fingers can't reach a touch screen :lol:
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)

Jonathan,

The main reason I've not participated on Instagram before is it's "smartphone" focus... The smartphone app version seems to be the way it was designed to be used. I have, however, signed up, and am trying to figure out how to get use of it from my laptop and facebook.

Any suggestions are welcome. :roll:

Steve S

Steve,
Instagram only works as intended on a smart phone or tablet. You can look and like and comment on your computer but just cannot post pictures or videos from the computer version. At least as far as I know as of now.
-Jonathan
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi, Count me in on the other side of the world, if you are interested.

Mick

Mick,
Always interested! It would be a great podcast to talk about how things are done in Oz verses US. Expose the audience to things they haven't heard about and all.
Jonathan

Jonathan, I can't pin a post either, but I'm more than happy to bump this topic to the top until Joseph gets to it and pins this for you.

Steve S
    Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 am

Subscribed.
-Jon

I learned how to weld at night, but not last night. (despite how my weld looks)

Lincoln Viking 3350 K3034-2&3
Dynasty 210DX w/cps and coolmate3
Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram
John Chamorro
    Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:44 am
    San Antonio Valley Peoples Republic of Californy

I have a dumb question,,,, what is a pod cast? I have a pc and almost know how to turn it on and off.
I don't know it all but I'm working on it.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Like he said ! ( think it's a phone thing - not sure - too old to care ! )

If you are seriously asking (hard to tell on the internet) It's basically a radio show that you can download and listen to. You can listen to it on your pc. In this case the format is kinda like 3-4 guys sitting around having coffee and talking shop.
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram
John Chamorro

maker of things wrote:If you are seriously asking (hard to tell on the internet) It's basically a radio show that you can download and listen to. You can listen to it on your pc. In this case the format is kinda like 3-4 guys sitting around having coffee and talking shop.
Yep I was serious.

I would really encourage everyone here to check this podcast out. If you are like me and are on android. I have had really good luck with Beyondpod https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... dpod&hl=en they have a free version and a paid version.

I really like the one about taking/giving weld tests.
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram

Update on the Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast. Starting Monday 8/22/2016 we will now air on a weekly basis. The plan is to stay on a every Monday release. We really appreciate all those who have downloaded each episode and have shared their thoughts. The feedback for the podcast has been great.
Jonathan
John Chamorro

Superiorwelding wrote:Update on the Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast. Starting Monday 8/22/2016 we will now air on a weekly basis. The plan is to stay on a every Monday release. We really appreciate all those who have downloaded each episode and have shared their thoughts. The feedback for the podcast has been great.
Jonathan
I still don't know how to get there. Is there a link to follow?

John Chamorro wrote:
Superiorwelding wrote:Update on the Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast. Starting Monday 8/22/2016 we will now air on a weekly basis. The plan is to stay on a every Monday release. We really appreciate all those who have downloaded each episode and have shared their thoughts. The feedback for the podcast has been great.
Jonathan
I still don't know how to get there. Is there a link to follow?
John, it's in the first post of this thread.
Richard
Website

Nice! Looking forward to all of them. Still going to have guests on alternating shows?
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram

Jon,
I hope you and the rest of the welding community enjoy the podcasts. Yes, we still are holding a guest interview every other podcast. That might change according to what we have going on but interviews will always be there. The interviews have the most hits on them as far as downloads so our audience obviously finds those the most interesting.

I will continue to update here as needed and try to answer questions.
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan. at least now we have some reason to look forward to Mondays. Liked your welding like robin hood vid too.
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram

Episode 6 of the Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast "Pricing Jobs" is now live. This was probably the most fun topic to record with Jody and Roy. Pricing jobs is always nerve racking when starting out, and still is for me at times. If you haven't listened to any of the podcasts yet give episode 6 a listen. In my opinion it is the best so far.

http://wttpodcast.libsyn.com/

Jonathan

Another good one. Would be fun if you guys each came up with a sign off phrase. -Keep your tungsten sharp.
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram