Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
    Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:55 pm

Hey guys. I don't know if I'm behind in technology but I just seen the best on cam arc shots ever(best in clarity and quality) its done with a " HITGH DYNAMIC RANGE (HDR CAM) Camera.
We should start like a fund raiser here with all of Jodis' fans/viewers to collect enough to get one for him to make is very helpful and inspiring videos. just a suggestion. :idea: :ide

Check out this video @Time 1:45
Check out this video @Time 1:45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K7bYOF ... e=youtu.be
2016 POWERTIG 250EX
DYNASTY 200DX
MAXSTAR 150STL
MAXSTAR 150STH
MILLERMATIC CHALLENGER 172
MILLERMATIC 252 WITH SPOOLMATE 100
SMARTIG 200P AC/DC
LINCOLN SQUAREWAVE 175
HYPERTHERM POWERMAX 1000 G3
OXY/ACET
MILLER DIGITAL ELITE

Good video, I like how they extol the virtue of using a gas lens, but their torch setup doesn't have one :lol:
Richard
Website
Harry72
    Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:59 am

I think he already uses a HDR cam
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Don't have to set up a fund. Just keep buying your supplies and accessories from the store.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

I don't know exactly what type of setup he is using but I do know my fair share about digital imaging, motion and 3D graphics/compositing.
In order to get the kind of clarity that you see in his videos, you have to run the footage through a levels filter (I certainly don't get that level of clarity throuh my badass $300 Linfoln Viking). This type of filter essentially compresses areas of brightness or darkness within an image and brings out more (or less) clarity within that image depending on how it is adjusted. Normal .jpg images are 8 bits per channel images and if you run a levels filter on them you get all kinds of horrible artifacts that make the image quality even worse (noisy). Simply stepping up to an image format which supports 10 bits per channel is helpful in eliminating some of these artifacts due to image processing but, for real quality adjustments - 16 bits per channel is the lower limit required for artifact elimination (at least as far as your eyes are concerned).
I still see plenty of artifacts in his videos but not as many as I would expect from 8 bpc imaging. My suspicion is that he's either using an expanded color format which supports 10 bpc or that he has his camera's autodarkening lense dialed as dark as it will go and all other ambient light is eliminated from the back side with a heavy cloth or box of some sort. You want to deal with the least ammount of light pollution as possible where imaging is concerned. There is always plenty of information in shadows which you can't see until you adjust the image through an image filter but once you blow out the highlights (light saturation) you can never recover from it.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

RamboBaby wrote:I don't know exactly what type of setup he is using but I do know my fair share about digital imaging, motion and 3D graphics/compositing.
In order to get the kind of clarity that you see in his videos, you have to run the footage through a levels filter (I certainly don't get that level of clarity throuh my badass $300 Linfoln Viking). This type of filter essentially compresses areas of brightness or darkness within an image and brings out more (or less) clarity within that image depending on how it is adjusted. Normal .jpg images are 8 bits per channel images and if you run a levels filter on them you get all kinds of horrible artifacts that make the image quality even worse (noisy). Simply stepping up to an image format which supports 10 bits per channel is helpful in eliminating some of these artifacts due to image processing but, for real quality adjustments - 16 bits per channel is the lower limit required for artifact elimination (at least as far as your eyes are concerned).
I still see plenty of artifacts in his videos but not as many as I would expect from 8 bpc imaging. My suspicion is that he's either using an expanded color format which supports 10 bpc or that he has his camera's autodarkening lense dialed as dark as it will go and all other ambient light is eliminated from the back side with a heavy cloth or box of some sort. You want to deal with the least ammount of light pollution as possible where imaging is concerned. There is always plenty of information in shadows which you can't see until you adjust the image through an image filter but once you blow out the highlights (light saturation) you can never recover from it.
You just surprised me with that response, and that doesn't happen often on here.

I forget sometimes that we all come from totally different backgrounds, and are drawn together for a common love of melting metal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

I learned a little something about imaging but I mostly taught compositing and made neat little stuff like this:
SHRIKE%20with%20Noise.jpg
SHRIKE%20with%20Noise.jpg (29.24 KiB) Viewed 2736 times
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showth ... ES+Defense
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT