A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
John Chamorro
    Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:44 am
    San Antonio Valley Peoples Republic of Californy

I just ran a couple stainless beads with my new True Sight II and with the Nexgen. The True Sight is hands down better than the Nexgen. I keep new lenses in the Nexgen and the shade at 9 and wish I could go lower. I fired up on the TS and had to darken to a 10. Much better clarity and field of vision. I ran an outside corner bead on 1/16 plate and 1/16 filler at soft pedal 80 amps and 1.5 pulse per second with sort of sharp 3/32 Thoriated, using a copper block for heat sink backing. I'm impressed, it's probably the cleanest stainless weld I've ever done.
I don't know it all but I'm working on it.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

How do you find the helmet and headgear?

Sent from my electronic thingy using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
John Chamorro
    Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:44 am
    San Antonio Valley Peoples Republic of Californy

Coldman wrote:How do you find the helmet and headgear?

Sent from my electronic thingy using Tapatalk
I have no trouble finding it. I go out and get it from my welding table.

Seriously,,, the helmet is the same lightweight hood and headband as the Nexgen. The hood is light bordering on flimsy. I love it! I wouldn't recommend it for "in the ditch" welding. It wouldn't take much hard abuse outside the shop although I have done a considerable amount of under-tractor welding. It has the same headgear as the Nexgen. It's been trouble free and comfortable for around the last 6-8 years.
I don't know it all but I'm working on it.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

X2. I love my Truesight 2, my original Truesight I keep for when I'm taking someone else. I sometimes prefer the amber color for MIG welding though.

Composed with Swype on mobile. not responsible for typos.