Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
Mex
  • Mex
    Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:26 am

I'm looking to buy the millermatic 252. I was thinking about getting the package deal with the aluminum spool gun. I'm also wanting a plazma cutter and tig weld. I ran across the everlast 250 that has it all. My question is should I save the money on the spool gun to put to the everlast and learn how to tig aluminum. A buddy of mine that tig welds said I need the spool gun bc it's easier than tig. So I'm looking for other opinions.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

The 252 is a good machine. I personally am not a big fan of spool guns. Tig allows you to do things like weld on cast aluminum. But I'm also not a big fan of the one size fits all / does everything machines. You will tend to find they do one or two things well but not as well as you'd like for there other purposes.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

As much as I like Everlast, take a look at the inverter-based Miller Syncrowave 210 AC/DC TIG unit, which also does MIG via a spoolgun.

There's no other off-the-shelf unit at the moment that can do AC/DC TIG and MIG via a spoolgun like the Syncrowave 210, that I know of.
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Mex, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Mex
  • Mex

Thanks Mike
Mex
  • Mex

Thanks for ur response Josh and livingstone. I posted the everlast 250 when it was supposed to be the 256. I'm seriously thinking not getting the spool gun and putting the money towards the everlast. Tig welding looks fascinating to learn and do to me.
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Oh,

Right, that Everlast 256Si, AC/DC TIG/Stick/Plasma has a lot of functionality and value.

My first TIG unit was a generic, DC-only, TIG/Stick/Plasma unit that was great. But a couple of years ago I upgraded to an AC/DC unit so I could do aluminum TIG too.

250 amp units are pretty high output for a beginner. I mean, there is the 205S unit too, which is marked down right now from $1719 to $1350, on Amazon, with free shipping. Of course, buyer feedback from Amazon customers is quite good on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Everlast-PowerPr ... erlast+205
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo
Mex
  • Mex

Thanks will look into that.