Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

So I used a Baleigh pipe coper that used an end mill. To me it took way to long to cope the pipe, had clamping issues when doing any angles 45 degrees and up and was overly expensive do these coppers have any benefit compared to a hole saw or a cut off wheel for small tubing or a die on a iron worker.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Annular cutters make a much cleaner cut and are generally equipped with a hollow center to allow you to run cutting fluid down their cores. This makes them last much longer, and more durable than a hole saw. As for cut-off discs, they simply can't make the precision cuts needed for certain fit ups.

If the tolerances you work with tolerate rough cuts, use an angle grinder. If not, annular bits work better than anything else.
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

It really depends on the demand for the operation that a given tool performs.

I've used a roll bender multiple times every day in a shop that has two of them, but I wouldn't buy one just to have around in my garage.
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

Saw this on youtube and thought of this thread and site. Not your typical diy project.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnYNEfv5IaY[/youtube]