Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Tig DDS
    Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:44 pm

New to welding, new to forums. I'm a Dentist and don't know anyone who can Tig weld. I need a place to ask questions.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

When you get done here you will be welding in bridges. Not the car kind. Or maybe them too. Welcome
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Poland308 wrote:When you get done here you will be welding in bridges. Not the car kind. Or maybe them too. Welcome
Took me a second there but I figured it out. I don´t know though. Not a big fan of massive heat in my mouth especially with high arc starts! :D
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome!

You've found the best forum on the net for your questions. There's no egos or attitudes here, just people with a passion and a willingness to share.

By the way, I now have the song, "Suicide is Painless" stuck in my head... You didn't sign a name, and Painless was the dentist in the movie MASH. Fortunately, I know the lyrics and once I sing it to myself it'll stop playing in my head... :lol:

Steve S
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:Welcome!

You've found the best forum on the net for your questions. There's no egos or attitudes here, just people with a passion and a willingness to share.

By the way, I now have the song, "Suicide is Painless" stuck in my head... You didn't sign a name, and Painless was the dentist in the movie MASH. Fortunately, I know the lyrics and once I sing it to myself it'll stop playing in my head... :lol:

Steve S
Well sure as crap... What do I turn on tonight- MASH on METV and sure as hell there is the dentist you spoke of. Timing at its finest I guess
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:51 am

Tig DDS wrote:New to welding, new to forums. I'm a Dentist and don't know anyone who can Tig weld. I need a place to ask questions.
Interesting!

Professional interest for dental applications (Micro-TIG: http://www.primotecusa.com/product/phaser ) or just other hobbies/interests/etc?

Lots of people from wildly different backgrounds on here.

Bye, Arno.
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Welcome, you might not know how to weld yet but I'm pretty sure you are an ace with a die-grinder. :mrgreen:

Otto Nobedder wrote:By the way, I now have the song, "Suicide is Painless" stuck in my head...

Steve S
I can't help thinking "Is it safe" :shock:
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Tig DDS, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Bradk
    Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:09 am

Wow that is going to be a good combo (Dentistry and welding). My suspicions are that you will do very well at it as you can already work on things backwards and also you work in close proximity to other things that get in the way.
Best Wishes to you!