A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
kdfiter
    Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:26 pm

I have been trying to do a lot of research on This welder and one thing I have noticed is that there's really not a lot of reviews or videos..well at least compared to the Lincoln 210MP..most of the videos are being done by people sponsored by miller...I was just thinking is this because the machine is pretty new or is it because people are just not buying it...I'm really think about getting one but for around 200 bucks cheaper I keep going back to the Lincoln 210
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

The power mig 210mp had been around for a couple of years know so there is a lot of review out there. Never personally used either machine, but they are both good machines. I know from other posts here they usually end up getting the Lincoln for the price difference.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Mercedes or BMW? These are essentially identical machines from the top 2 US brands of welders. The 215 is a new model, replacing the 200. The 200 has been out for some time and served me well. The 215 is about half the physical size of the 200, and the Lincoln is very close to the 215.

I don't think you can wrong with either of them. Depending upon where you buy your machine (I do so via weldingsuppliesfrom ioc.com because they seem to have the best prices online) you can often get some bundled discounts and other goodies thrown in.
Farmwelding

OH yeah another thing... Watch for rebates. Between Miller and Lincomnthey ae always doing some kind of rebate. If you want to wait and nit jump the gun see of one has a rebate coming up. Do some online shopping between competitors in the same machine and look for their own deals. Welders supply has the multimatic for like $6 less then welding supplies from ioc, but the ioc website has a $15 discount for one time use if you sign up for their email notifications. Little stuff like that may lead you one way or another since they are both capable and quality machines.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

kdfiter, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
kdfiter

Thanks all for your reply
It really is a tough decision ..at work I use nothing but millers and they all have ran great ..I've only used a Lincoln one time and it was a gas/generator for stick welding and it was a really smooth running machine .I guess right now I'm leaning towards the Miller just for the fact it's made in USA ..but it is a tough decision and I do wish there where more customer reviews on it
Farmwelding

That is the big issue with comparing Lincoln vs Miller. It is all personal opinion. In my experience it isn't even a brand. I like smaller tig machines from Lincoln and larger rig machines from miller. I like lower end miller mig welders and larger mig welders goes to Lincoln. I love the power of 256 and the Millermatic 252 equally. Only thing I like better about the Lincoln is the gun. It seems a little nicer and on their guns they include a hook which is really appreciated for moving around jobs in the farm.
Nick
kdfiter

I called Miller and they said that there next sale is in April (there spring sale) and they couldn't tell me if the 215 was going to be one of them ..I'm assuming it will be seeing its not on rebate right now ..but I'm not sure if I can wait till April seeing I was going to buy one in march...but the Lincoln is still very tempting