General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Rainy
    Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi there, just looking for an inexpensive speed shield with a large viewing area. I need one that will accept a cheater and clear cover plate over the cheater on the inside. Does any one have the Instaspark ADF series GX990T and if so do they know if it will accept these lenses. I have spent some time looking for this info but can not seam to find it.
I am not looking to spend a fortune on a helmet but this one seams reasonable for the asking price and features. If you have one and use it frequently let me know if you like/dislike this shield. There are a lot of expensive ones but from some of the reviews out there I don`t want to spend 3-4 hundred to find ut I dont like it. Thanks for any real world info you can provide
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

"How to use the forum" Is not where this post belongs. I will move it where it will see more traffic.

Steve S
bruce991
    Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Guess I have found you cannot spend to much on equipment that being said I bought a Miller Digital Elite hood and a 2.25 cheater lens that fits inside in the provided slot. Has weld, cut, grind and X mode and because I have bifocals had to have a big view area. It meets all my needs and then some. I use the X mode and I can see an improvement in my welds over my std hood from all these yrs.
Rainy

Otto Nobedder wrote:"How to use the forum" Is not where this post belongs. I will move it where it will see more traffic.

Steve S
Thanks Steve!
Rainy

bruce991 wrote:Guess I have found you cannot spend to much on equipment that being said I bought a Miller Digital Elite hood and a 2.25 cheater lens that fits inside in the provided slot. Has weld, cut, grind and X mode and because I have bifocals had to have a big view area. It meets all my needs and then some. I use the X mode and I can see an improvement in my welds over my std hood from all these yrs.
Thanks Bruce. I was looking at The digital elite and the new Lincoln helmets. They are both about $400 in Canada> Is your cheater lens larger as well or a standard 2x4? lens and if it is a larger lens where are you purchasing the cheaters for this helmet? And are they expensive as well? Standard cheater lens run about $12+ in Canada, just curious of larger lens prices. I`ll check back sometime soon for info. Thank you