mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

MinnesotaDave wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
MinnesotaDave wrote:Nothing wrong with a 2 wheel cart. They roll fine - put a strap on it.
Be advised...he didn't tell you to use a strap-on..he said to use a strap :lol:
Who knew the hyphen had so much power :D
The English language has so many issues. So many weird rules and words that can be so close
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

MinnesotaDave wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
MinnesotaDave wrote:Nothing wrong with a 2 wheel cart. They roll fine - put a strap on it.
Be advised...he didn't tell you to use a strap-on..he said to use a strap :lol:
Who knew the hyphen had so much power :D
Pointing that hyphen out might have just saved someone a lot of trouble :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Who knew the hyphen had so much power :D[/quote]
Pointing that hyphen out might have just saved someone a lot of trouble :lol:[/quote]

Not to mention what a pain in the ass that mistake can be.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
exnailpounder

Poland308 wrote:Who knew the hyphen had so much power :D
Pointing that hyphen out might have just saved someone a lot of trouble :lol:[/quote]

Not to mention what a pain in the ass that mistake can be.[/quote]
Pun intended? :lol:
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

:lol: Man that dolly just got way more dangerous! The safety director would be jumping all over that.

There are some things that you just can't let slide.
Farmwelding

For everyone's conscience. To no degree did I even notice the phrase strap on in that light. Jeff, you have a mind like a lazy Susan. You'll get back to the actual meaning of something but you have to think everything but the original meeting. :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:For everyone's conscience. To no degree did I even notice the phrase strap on in that light. Jeff, you have a mind like a lazy Susan. You'll get back to the actual meaning of something but you have to think everything but the original meeting. :lol:
:D It's part of my charm 8-)
exnailpounder

PeteM wrote::lol: Man that dolly just got way more dangerous! The safety director would be jumping all over that.

There are some things that you just can't let slide.
:lol: :lol:
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Making pun of something like that is a common trait among 99% of all welders.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
PeteM

Poland308 wrote:Making pun of something like that is a common trait among 99% of all welders.
Its like a secondary work skill. Measuring, torch cutting, fitting, making horrible jokes that get people laughing...

What would work be without it? :)
Farmwelding

PeteM wrote:
Poland308 wrote:Making pun of something like that is a common trait among 99% of all welders.
Its like a secondary work skill. Measuring, torch cutting, fitting, making horrible jokes that get people laughing...

What else do you do when you have to sit around for a couple of minutes because your company only has one of the Mahoney you need and you can't do anything until you use that machine.
Nick
exnailpounder

PeteM wrote:

Boring! Thats what. My wife always says that men never grow up and in some cases, like me, I agree with her. I take life one day at a time because God knows I have buried alot of my friends so I feel lucky to still be here. I just want to live til I die so you guys either have to deal with my "matter of fact" personality or not read my posts :lol:
PeteM

Farmwelding wrote:
PeteM wrote:

What else do you do when you have to sit around for a couple of minutes because your company only has one of the Mahoney you need and you can't do anything until you use that machine.
The vast majority of things that have come up in those moments can't be written on this site, or told to someone under 18 without permission from a parent, guardian, local law enforcement, and possibly the governor.

Even then its iffy. :twisted:
PeteM

exnailpounder wrote:
PeteM wrote:

Boring! Thats what. My wife always says that men never grow up and in some cases, like me, I agree with her. I take life one day at a time because God knows I have buried alot of my friends so I feel lucky to still be here. I just want to live til I die so you guys either have to deal with my "matter of fact" personality or not read my posts :lol:
Absolutely! I was working in barge hoppers for a couple of years, and in the summer it would be 110 degrees by mid morning. We had a radio to keep the crazy away, which happened to be tuned to the same station as they listen to in the office. So I came up with the bright idea to call in a request for Deep Purples "Knocking at your back door" for the lady that hands out paychecks.

That one got some smiles and blushes!
exnailpounder

I wouldn't have blushed at that :lol: I probably would have been actively trying my hand at it.Not like it would be the first time I ever wanted to spawn with one of the staff. :lol: I really think people that have taken the hard road are the best people of all...that's my report!
Farmwelding

What else do you do when you have to sit around for a couple of minutes because your company only has one of the Mahoney you need and you can't do anything until you use that machine.[/quote]

The vast majority of things that have come up in those moments can't be written on this site, or told to someone under 18 without permission from a parent, guardian, local law enforcement, and possibly the governor.

Even then its iffy. :twisted:[/quote]
Hah you think this is iffy! You should go back to high school. This ain't nothing. This crap is like elementary school now. It's sad but true.
Nick
Farmwelding

Well, we moved the gas down from the bus barn and I tried it out-answer-nope. cranked it up to 29.5 volts and somewhere between 500-700 ipm and varied the 75/25 gas. Just got some really freaking hot short circuit which after two passes I almost burnt through and I have never moved that fast on 1/4" bar!
Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Farmwelding wrote:Well, we moved the gas down from the bus barn and I tried it out-answer-nope. cranked it up to 29.5 volts and somewhere between 500-700 ipm and varied the 75/25 gas. Just got some really freaking hot short circuit which after two passes I almost burnt through and I have never moved that fast on 1/4" bar!
Back the wire down. Significantly.

I do spray transfer with .035 wire using typically 27-28 volts and 250-280 wire speed.

You're listening for a hiss, like gas escaping, not a sizzle, like bacon frying.

Steve S
Farmwelding

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:Well, we moved the gas down from the bus barn and I tried it out-answer-nope. cranked it up to 29.5 volts and somewhere between 500-700 ipm and varied the 75/25 gas. Just got some really freaking hot short circuit which after two passes I almost burnt through and I have never moved that fast on 1/4" bar!
Back the wire down. Significantly.

I do spray transfer with .035 wire using typically 27-28 volts and 250-280 wire speed.

You're listening for a hiss, like gas escaping, not a sizzle, like bacon frying.

Steve S
yeah I talked to Jason Moser and he said the same thing. He runs like 450. That makes sense since so much wire just osuhing in doesn't have time to melt and drop as balls of molten metal.
Nick