What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:44 pm

A few years back I wanted to buy an aluminum tilting flag pole until I priced them, just the cast aluminium bases were over $300. I called my friend who owns a weld shop and asked if he had any salvaged 2" pipe, he said he did and let me have two full lengths for $25 a piece. The 3/8 plate was another $25, the 12"X 40" galvanized culvert footing $25?.... the rope trolley and ball at the top was $50 to the house. The weld was ground smooth so it wouldn't tear up the flag. I used automobile heater hose I had to fill the gaps between the pipe nipples. The bottom plate has a 4" X 40" long piece of I beam welded to it that goes down in the concrete.
Attachments
Base 12.jpg
Base 12.jpg (169.38 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Base 11.jpg
Base 11.jpg (64.49 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Base 10_.jpg
Base 10_.jpg (74.14 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Base 9.jpg
Base 9.jpg (50.46 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Base 8.jpg
Base 8.jpg (45.03 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Base 7_.jpg
Base 7_.jpg (65.24 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Base 6.jpg
Base 6.jpg (46.56 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Base 5.jpg
Base 5.jpg (43.82 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Base 4.jpg
Base 4.jpg (41.45 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Base 3.jpg
Base 3.jpg (36.28 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Base 2.jpg
Base 2.jpg (52.12 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Base 1.jpg
Base 1.jpg (56.77 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Nice! Grease zerks too!
Last edited by exnailpounder on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Hope you don't have a tornado soon. That flag pole would be laid out with that wind. Other than that along with every other flag pole damn nice build that screams America. Two of my favorite things welding and patriotism.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Thanks for the complements guys. I usually take a bit from here and there and incorporate it in to my projects, so many great builders on websites to learn things from.
exnailpounder

One of a kind wrote:Thanks for the complements guys. I usually take a bit from here and there and incorporate it in to my projects, so many great builders on websites to learn things from.
I generally think the internet is the cause of alot of humanities problems but if used properly the net is a great source of information. I'm a dinosaur and I like being one but the net has it's advantages if you quest for knowledge.

exnailpounder wrote:
One of a kind wrote:Thanks for the complements guys. I usually take a bit from here and there and incorporate it in to my projects, so many great builders on websites to learn things from.
I generally think the internet is the cause of alot of humanities problems but if used properly the net is a great source of information. I'm a dinosaur and I like being one but the net has it's advantages if you quest for knowledge.

I enjoy looking at pictures of machinery, tractors and projects, my latest dream machine is a 75 ton Edwards Iron worker. :lol:
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Well Jeff. I must say this is one of the greater parts of the interweb. I mean where relate can you talk about welding and end up talking about anything like Planet of the Apes and "strap(-)ons"
Oh and as for that iron worker, good luck. Heavy beasts and a lot of money. Great machines and are fun to use but expensive and hard to move around.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
exnailpounder

One of a kind wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:

I enjoy looking at pictures of machinery, tractors and projects, my latest dream machine is a 75 ton Edwards Iron worker. :lol:
Incidentally, I do a bit of welding for a couple of guys that restore old tractors. They came to me because I had some innovative ideas that I got from the Yodas on this site. Of course I claimed that I was a genius and made no mention of where I got the idea from but I have bills to pay too :lol: If you ever have any ??s about restorations, feel free.