Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Jess
    Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Hello I am from East Texas, and I am in High School. I have been stick welding for a little over a year now, and I absolutely love it. I like welding so much, I went and bought a 1982 Lincoln Idealarc 250 250, to add a dc welder to our welder collection. I mostly build things out of oil field pipe, because it it cheap and abundant, but I also feel it is more challenging than square tubing or angle iron. Some things I have built:
IMG_2934.JPG
IMG_2934.JPG (43.28 KiB) Viewed 838 times
IMG_2936.JPG
IMG_2936.JPG (88.11 KiB) Viewed 838 times
IMG_2876.JPG
IMG_2876.JPG (65.77 KiB) Viewed 838 times
IMG_2887.JPG
IMG_2887.JPG (87.73 KiB) Viewed 838 times
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0467.JPG (49.45 KiB) Viewed 838 times
Forney C5 Arc Welder
Lincoln Idealarc 250-250 Ac/Dc Arc Welder

Forney O/A Rig
Woodbutcher
    Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:54 pm

Very cool, what exactly are we looking at, a firewood rack or something? Oh yeah welcome to the forum!
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome abroad. Another high school student now that is down thing-what year you in. In a junior up here in southern Wisconsin.

Wish I could get some scrap pipe cheap around here :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Jess, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Jess

Woodbutcher wrote:Very cool, what exactly are we looking at, a firewood rack or something? Oh yeah welcome to the forum!
H braces for the first 2 photos, and firewood racks for the rest.
Forney C5 Arc Welder

Forney O/A Rig
Jess

Farmwelding wrote:Welcome abroad. Another high school student now that is down thing-what year you in. In a junior up here in southern Wisconsin.

I'm a Freshmen in High School. I really hate it and just want to be outside doing things like welding.
Forney C5 Arc Welder

Forney O/A Rig
Jess

Mike wrote:Jess, welcome to the forum.
Thanks!
Forney C5 Arc Welder

Forney O/A Rig
Farmwelding

Jess wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:Welcome abroad. Another high school student now that is down thing-what year you in. In a junior up here in southern Wisconsin.

I'm a Freshmen in High School. I really hate it and just want to be outside doing things like welding.
What do you hate about it?
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
Jess

Farmwelding wrote:
Jess wrote:

What do you hate about it?
The teachers, they are the type that say you won't get anywhere without a college degree. They don't understand a welding school I just don't like being in that building all day long, I feel like being outside doing something that interest me. But there are a lot of things in life we just don't like. Nothing we can do about it, just have to make the best of it.
Forney C5 Arc Welder

Forney O/A Rig
Farmwelding

Well Jess, I am here to tell you along with every one else on here that take what you can from school-if you don't like learning find someway to like it or at least get something so it isn't a waste. What you learn at school is valuable to no end-every one wants you to get a four year degree no matter where you go-get used to it. Just learn to find a way to enjoy something you have to do-trust me it helps
Nick
Jess

Farmwelding wrote:Well Jess, I am here to tell you along with every one else on here that take what you can from school-if you don't like learning find someway to like it or at least get something so it isn't a waste. What you learn at school is valuable to no end-every one wants you to get a four year degree no matter where you go-get used to it. Just learn to find a way to enjoy something you have to do-trust me it helps
I always try to! Thanks!
Forney C5 Arc Welder

Forney O/A Rig