What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I have been playing around with a sheet metal brake on some 16 gauge diamond tread aluminum building everything from toolboxes to dog boxes. Thought I'd share.
Attachments
IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0165.JPG (121.3 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0378.JPG (66.14 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
IMG_0687.JPG
IMG_0687.JPG (60.58 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
IMG_0690.JPG
IMG_0690.JPG (63.57 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
IMG_0730.JPG
IMG_0730.JPG (55.24 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Well those turned out nice. What did you use to cut the sheet?
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Milwaukee cordless metal cutting circular saw and I cut the corners with a vertical bandsaw.
Matt
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

That dog box is really cool. Nice work! Ever lit that wood floor on fire? :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

exnailpounder wrote:That dog box is really cool. Nice work! Ever lit that wood floor on fire? :lol:
It only smokes for about 3 seconds then it goes out. I actually caught on fire the other day and burnt my shirt off of me.
Matt
exnailpounder

mcoe wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:That dog box is really cool. Nice work! Ever lit that wood floor on fire? :lol:
It only smokes for about 3 seconds then it goes out. I actually caught on fire the other day and burnt my shirt off of me.
:lol: I lit a shop rag soaked in carb cleaner on my bench the other day. I could smell it burning and I knew what was happening but the weld looked really good so I didn't want to stop :lol:

exnailpounder wrote:
mcoe wrote:
:lol: I lit a shop rag soaked in carb cleaner on my bench the other day. I could smell it burning and I knew what was happening but the weld looked really good so I didn't want to stop :lol:
I was overhead aluminum tig welding and got right to the end and I nipped the filler rod and it dropped on my shouldsr and put me up in flames.
Attachments
IMG_0602.JPG
IMG_0602.JPG (130.25 KiB) Viewed 2054 times
Matt
exnailpounder

Ouch! How bad were the burns? I wear my FR shirt when I overhead or climb into something. And I know people that complain how much a paper cut hurts :lol: We are a bunch of strange people aren't we? :lol:

3 second degree burns the size of a nickel. I finished the rest of the welds then doctored it lol
Matt
exnailpounder

mcoe wrote:3 second degree burns the size of a nickel. I finished the rest of the welds then doctored it lol
ATTA BOY! :lol:
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'd rather have a welding burn than a paper cut any day. The paper cut, I'll forget until the parts cleaner hits it... :shock:

Steve S
Farmwelding

Fun fact-if you are oxy fuelwelding and aren't wearing sleeves, be careful don't roll the filler wire onto your arm.

Or if you are using an abrasive chop saw and want to protect a lathe behind it from sparks don't use a cotton welding shirt-it lights up fast with all the Sparks.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick

Farmwelding wrote:Fun fact-if you are oxy fuelwelding and aren't wearing sleeves, be careful don't roll the filler wire onto your arm.

Or if you are using an abrasive chop saw and want to protect a lathe behind it from sparks don't use a cotton welding shirt-it lights up fast with all the Sparks.
Whatcha the opening at the cuff of a button up shirt, I was tigging a long bead and I slid my arm up on the piece and found that opening when I ran it across the bead lol
Matt
Farmwelding

mcoe wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:Fun fact-if you are oxy fuelwelding and aren't wearing sleeves, be careful don't roll the filler wire onto your arm.

Whatcha the opening at the cuff of a button up shirt, I was tigging a long bead and I slid my arm up on the piece and found that opening when I ran it across the bead lol
You know the definition of insanity is doing something repeatedly and expecting different results. I guess burning ourselves over and over again makes us all insane. You'd think we'd figure out that metal is usually hot and sharp and the tools that cut them are sharp and the tools that cut them and weld them produce a lot of heat.
Nick
exnailpounder

Otto Nobedder wrote:I'd rather have a welding burn than a paper cut any day. The paper cut, I'll forget until the parts cleaner hits it... :shock:

Steve S
My hands get dried out and the skin sometimes cracks near my nails and same thing...don't even notice til I soak a rag with acetone.....then I notice! :shock:
Mihtu
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:01 am

Really nice looking projects,I love diamond plate,square tube and angle,it's just alot of fun to work with,just built my first couple of projects with the stuff,they turned out great,I cut the plate with plasma and a straight edge,but I have wondered about the saws,I wouldn't mind trying one out,you ever bend any of the square tube,I made a bender that works pretty good,anyhow great looking builds
Attachments
20170309_223030.jpg
20170309_223030.jpg (39 KiB) Viewed 1404 times