Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Oldman1
    Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:11 pm

I'm a student in a Steel Fabrication program at NB Community college. I'm a lousy welder(but still motivated to improve), I have discovered, so perhaps I'll have to be a good grinder, as they say! But I'm still trying. Ironically, it was the welding that motivated my enrolment. The one year course ends in June 2017. I previously worked as a civil servant for 38 yrs. I was retired for 9 years, sitting on the couch, as well as having a few hobby and interest areas. I never realized how much I would learn in this program. However, I won't be looking for a job. I'll probably attempt projects out of my garage. I watch you, Jody, on Youtube and I have you in the top few channels I watch regularly. I know I will continue to learn through this forum. PS: I will have turned 70, two weeks before graduation in June. Welding surely gets tougher for older dudes where vision and a steady hand is everything! However, I feel rejuvenated by the interaction with younger students and the quest for learning. I've come to believe learning is a life long process and if we cherish it in that context, we should never slow down. Cheers, Allan
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome aboard mate! Glad you took the motivation to get out and do something. Good for you man. I'm sure you'll be making really cool stuff pretty soon in your garage. Look forward to seeing some pictures of projects in the future maybe. Just remember-any questions you have, bring them here.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Allan, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200