General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
DennisCA
    Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:58 am

Olivero wrote:If that's what you did with "no electronics experience" I don't even know what I would classify as........

Very nice build and the knobs look awesome, I think your idea of putting most electronics in a seperate box is a good idea as you might get tired of reaching down and adjusting but then again, maybe not. Either way, looks great.
I recently finished that mod, I also got a new cable with 5 wires in it, so now I only got one cable running from the pedal and the controls in a plywood box on the welder. Still a bit half-assed, not quite sure where I want to place it, but I am thinking of bending a bracket so I can just hook the box over the welder and it can hang on the side.

With the new CK17 torch and it's super-flex cable, it's a whole different ball game.
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 am

Definitely a great example of necessity being the mother of invention. I have found that most folks in this trade are smarter than the average bear anyway. Great job! :)
"Why is there never time to do anything right the first time but always time to do it again?"
DennisCA
    Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:58 am

Thanks, though I am not in the trade, just a hobbyist who started in 2015 with an old used stick welder.
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 am

DennisCA wrote:Thanks, though I am not in the trade, just a hobbyist who started in 2015 with an old used stick welder.
Hobbyist or not, it takes a bit of knowledge about a lot of things (metallurgy, thermal dynamics, electricity in general) to be a fairly competent welder. You may have picked it up as a hobby, but I bet you learned a few things about those subjects along the way. :)
"Why is there never time to do anything right the first time but always time to do it again?"
Generator
    Mon May 20, 2019 12:38 pm

Love your attitude, DennisCA, and great work. If you need it, build it! :-)

I want a pedal too, for my old MasterTig 3500W. I weld cast bronze, so it's hard to do without a pedal, due to the varying thickness and angles.

My question is: would you maybe share the diagram and especially the pinouts of the connectors with us? Our local Kemppi rep here in Malmö, Sweden is entirely unhelpful. He would rather I pay him to do the job, which doesn't really work for me!? Duh.
I have the same 4-pin and 10-pin connectors as you do.

Cheers,
A hack a day...