Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
cptjackm
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:46 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:No lock on switches on a small grinder is a terrible idea. Ever try clean a heap of small parts while holding the switch.
Good subject.
I agree with you Mike.
I have nine electric angle grinders and a drawer full of air powered. I still have the first one that I bought used in 1958.
It's 9 inch Black and Decker that bears the name "BAD ASS".
They are the most dangerous tools in my shop and I have bled a little from time to time when I didn't treat them
with the required respect. All my grinders have lock-on switches including the several that have worn out and been
replaced. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I will also mention that the wheel guards are back on most all my grinders.
Safety is one obvious reason and having a large quantity of extra right-hand gloves is another.
I've had success modifying some of the guards, some don't need to be that big.
Jack
UV Metal Arts
    Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks everybody. The 3 part angle grinder series is by far is the most popular work that I have on youtube. At the time of publishing it, I really saw that there was a need for this information to be shared, so I made the best effort to make it as good as posable with the knowledge and resources that I had available. I would like to invite you all to visit my youtube page again because there's a bunch of new content all related to metal working there that I hope you find educational. Cheers UV
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuKaQz ... Smw/videos