What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I did a little welding for my day job at my home shop.....so nice to have an adjustable flat table and plenty of clamps.

Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Clamps on clamps on clamps-a good collection you have.

Now...what is it? Looks nice but I don't know what it is.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Nice shop, yea tell us what it is!
Richard
Website
rahtreelimbs

This aluminum is for a mockup for a high end job my company is doing in a few months. This is to simulate an extruded piece of aluminum that will be used on that job. The actual extruded piece is a few months out.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Nice! I don't see any beer bottles :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

To quote Jody,

"I have too many clamps... Said no welder ever."

Steve S
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Man o man.....do you hire people to do all those clamps???? That's a full time job doin em up and takin em off...then you need a forklift to carry em all!! Seriously though whatever it is looks good, and I got a toolbox full of clamps myself. That's a nice lookin workbench you've got there as well. Nice work you did there
rahtreelimbs

Popeye the old miner wrote:Man o man.....do you hire people to do all those clamps???? That's a full time job doin em up and takin em off...then you need a forklift to carry em all!! Seriously though whatever it is looks good, and I got a toolbox full of clamps myself. That's a nice lookin workbench you've got there as well. Nice work you did there

Well the R&D guy at my work was there. He fabbed all rhe pieces.......had them CNC drilled for roll pins to locate everything. In a lot of ways where i work is very primitive on equipment......thats where i stepped in to do the welding. Most of the clamp work was done by the R&D guy as i had limited idea on how it went together. I enjoyed this......much more than being back at work.

As far as my bench.....this has been a bench that has morphed 4 times. What you see is a slat table supported on 2 3/8' bolts on both sides......this allows full adjustment. It is an odd size.......37 x 76........this is what fit best in the shop. The spacing of the slats is 1 3/4".....this allows the clamps in the pics (typical vice grips.......11R style i believe) to be used as well as most strong hand style clamps.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Rich, that's one very impressive home shop. I have to confess some jealousy.

Steve S
rahtreelimbs

Otto Nobedder wrote:Rich, that's one very impressive home shop. I have to confess some jealousy.

Steve S
There is a whole lot more that you don't see in the pics.

My thoughts on a small home biz is to have good equipment and enough of it. I hate coming up short on tools.
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

That's a neat table and I agree with Steve ..you got more goodies there than most top fab shops...did you build the table yourself?
rahtreelimbs

Popeye the old miner wrote:That's a neat table and I agree with Steve ..you got more goodies there than most top fab shops...did you build the table yourself?

I built it myself......the adjustable top idea i got on the Internet. This is the 4th version/modifcation i made on the table.

GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

If you ever need any help with anything at home, get a hold of me!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
rahtreelimbs

GreinTime wrote:If you ever need any help with anything at home, get a hold of me!

Where are you located?

GreinTime

rahtreelimbs wrote:
GreinTime wrote:If you ever need any help with anything at home, get a hold of me!

Where are you located?

Lower Burrell, but currently working off of Duncan/Peeble in Etna/Shaler at one of the other locations for our shop.

#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
rahtreelimbs

GreinTime wrote:
rahtreelimbs wrote:

Where are you located?

Lower Burrell, but currently working off of Duncan/Peeble in Etna/Shaler at one of the other locations for our shop.

Funny i live about 5 min. from Duncan Manor.

GreinTime

rahtreelimbs wrote:
GreinTime wrote:
rahtreelimbs wrote:

Funny i live about 5 min. from Duncan Manor.

We're actually off Bryant, down in the steel buildings by the tracks. Right before you get to Sample I guess that would be.

#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-