What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?

Otto Nobedder wrote: It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Steve S
From your wife, maybe, city hall...? maybe not
Richard
Website
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
electrode wrote:...Now about that stump I have been trying to dig out for the last six months...
You didn't consider explosives?

I would have. I have formulae.

Steve S
Oh I considered it. But it's right next to my workshop. Funny thing is the guy that cleared the lot for my shop said one day you will be sorry you wanted to leave that one tree. I am. :roll: Made it a challenge to cut down too as it was leaning towards the building and I didn't want a hurricane to blow it down. Bought a long rope from a tree trimmer store and climbed the tree and tied it on and hooked it to the trailer hitch on the vehicle and had my wife keep tension on it while I cut it down last year. That went well and after we cleaned up the mess we had a stump. Had a guy stump grind it but it just got wider (was 24" and went to 36") so I have been hard at it for a long time. Roots everywhere on the surface and below. Now I want to put a carport so I can work outside in the summer and get a breeze and the stump is in the way of my plans. The guy will be here next week with a backhoe and a winch. I did consider burning it out though.

p.s. pm me the formulae anyways. ;)
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

You are a climber? And you had your wife keep the tensions? Ladies and gentlemen we have us a real man here. I wouldn't climb agree if I was cutting on it if I was trained and had all the equipment.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Farmwelding wrote:You are a climber? And you had your wife keep the tensions? Ladies and gentlemen we have us a real man here. I wouldn't climb agree if I was cutting on it if I was trained and had all the equipment.
Not really, I used a ladder to get up the tree to tie a rope as high as I could. 8-) She was in the drivers seat keeping that rope tight so the tree would fall in the opposite direction of the building. It was an oak tree about 35-40 foot tall.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

It does me good to see people come up with things like this. As a wheelchair user myself, I am always interested in seeing the adaptations and work-arounds that clever people figure out. While I don't compete, I do like going to the range for target practice (if you know off the top of your head how many guns you have, you don't have enough) :D Good job.
Cheers.
-E
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid