Welding Certification test Q&A and tips and tricks
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

ANY AWS test. I work for a large municipal transit athourity. They are opening fab shop and the requirements for appointment are to be AWS certified. They don't care which cert as long as you have one at the time of appointment. I'm figuring a horizontal plate test. Any suggestions?
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

I think that the 3g is actually a little easier. I find filling the groove flat like that to just be kind of awkward.
AnnaMaryJo
    Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:54 am

If you wish to do AWS test, you can have a look at this http://www.weldtechtraining.com/welding ... ws-testing. I suggest you go with 3g or 4g. 3g is much simpler and easier. As a professional welder, you should have 3g or 4 g certification and don't go below that.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I know this won't help you, because of your location, but since it fits this topic, it might help someone. There's a new post on this thread,
http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =16&t=9944
about a really inexpensive course ending with AWS cert tests.
Not everyone scrolls down to the section on Education opportunities, so I thought I'd take advantage of your post to share this.

Steve S
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

sedanman,
What became of you getting a AWS cert?
Jonathan
sedanman

My Mom passed away, put this on the back burner. Will get back on task soon.
sedanman

Thanks in advance for condolences and such. Let's just keep this thread free of that. She was sick for almost a year and bedridden for the last few months. Her passing was the best possible outcome given her situation.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Having been through something similar, I understand and respect both your request and your attitude.

Let us know what happens with the AWS and the fab shop position.

Steve S