General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Zak
  • Zak
    Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:32 pm

Hello,
I am interested in converting my Lincoln square wave tig 200 machine (torch) from an 17 air cooled torch, to operate with a water cooled torch. The machine has a (I believe) a 1/2" gas through dinse connector where the argon comes through a center hole to the torch. I may be wrong but have done a bit of research and CK Worldwide has a CK Worldwide SLWHAT-35 Water Cooled Safe Loc, however did not want to order to find I have ordered the wrong item. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated thank you.
David
clavius
    Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:32 pm

First, welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar enough with the various connectors to offer a useful answer (sorry, sort of a noob myself...), and I agree that with all of the various options and descriptions it IS pretty confusing. I'd think the folks at CK Worldwide could answer your question in a minute and are probably the best "straight from the horses mouth" source. We are so connected via the web these days and have access to so much information I sometimes forget that the quickest way to get some info is to just pick up the phone and ask. I catch myself doing this way too often, spending lots of time researching stuff when a five minute phone call would have been easier and faster.

Good luck!

Hey zak
clavius is right, call CK and they'll give you a part number you can then order from any LWS or online welding supplier of your choice
Richard
Website