Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:29 am

entity-unknown wrote:Yeah I've decided to go with a rigging crew to move it in. I'll lift it myself since I should be able to do that with my equipment, it's just the moving and driveway that are sketchy.
I have a 2 ton shop crane that looks like the mill foot print will fit in at the 1.5 and 2 ton lift points. It's the HF 2 ton engine crane.
You plan to lift it off the pallet with an engine hoist type shop crane? That won't work. A gantry crane yes, a rented telescoping fork lift (how I moved my last knee mill) yes.

Even if its off the pallet and sitting on the floor, while you can wheel an engine hoist in there, the mills don't lift level and typically you have to extend the boom on your hoist then its no longer rated for 2 ton. Mine was 1,000 lbs and it was dicey moving it just a few feet into position with the engine hoist. Just saying.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Coolidge wrote:
entity-unknown wrote:Yeah I've decided to go with a rigging crew to move it in. I'll lift it myself since I should be able to do that with my equipment, it's just the moving and driveway that are sketchy.
I have a 2 ton shop crane that looks like the mill foot print will fit in at the 1.5 and 2 ton lift points. It's the HF 2 ton engine crane.
You plan to lift it off the pallet with an engine hoist type shop crane? That won't work. A gantry crane yes, a rented telescoping fork lift (how I moved my last knee mill) yes.

Even if its off the pallet and sitting on the floor, while you can wheel an engine hoist in there, the mills don't lift level and typically you have to extend the boom on your hoist then its no longer rated for 2 ton. Mine was 1,000 lbs and it was dicey moving it just a few feet into position with the engine hoist. Just saying.
Yeah using an enigma lift goes on and off. We used it to puck up our new lathe at school. We had to rearrange the straps 3-4 times just to get it off the pallet and then up onto the stand without killing ourselv
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick