A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
lutzylikeswelding
    Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:32 am

Hello Everyone,

I've had two 36" x 48" fabBlock fixturing tables for about six months now. The tables are a great value and are extremely versatile. I use one for most of my general welding and fixturing; The other is a workstation that holds my vice, chop saw, and more tools are soon to come. Using Fusion 360, I have designed and fabricated a series of adaptors to mount the tools mentioned above.

I am creating this thread because I'm curious to hear about other's experiences with the tab and slot tables.

Here are some pictures of the mounts I've fabricated.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

IMG_2255.jpg
IMG_2255.jpg (57.02 KiB) Viewed 1866 times
I made my own because I wanted a 4'x6'x0.75" and the cost to buy was astronomical. Of course, I've spent a good deal of time Mag Drilling 864 holes in it... But I had mine Blanchard Ground on the top. All told, I have a little under $700 bucks in it (sitting on a 3x3x0.25 frame and leveling casters). It weighs right at 1,000# and I can weld, fab, fixture or Hula Dance on it.
Attachments
IMG_2263.jpg
IMG_2263.jpg (75.5 KiB) Viewed 1866 times
IMG_2261.jpg
IMG_2261.jpg (62.14 KiB) Viewed 1866 times
IMG_2260.jpg
IMG_2260.jpg (66.61 KiB) Viewed 1866 times

cj737 wrote: Of course, I've spent a good deal of time Mag Drilling 864 holes in it... But I had mine Blanchard Ground on the top.
Patience is a virtue ;)

Very nice table, just curious what was the cost to Blanchard grind that?
Richard
Website
cj737

LtBadd wrote:
cj737 wrote: Of course, I've spent a good deal of time Mag Drilling 864 holes in it... But I had mine Blanchard Ground on the top.
Patience is a virtue ;)

Very nice table, just curious what was the cost to Blanchard grind that?
It was very affordable; $0. I buy a lot of product from the distributor so they "comp'ed" it. For mere mortals, I'm told it would have been $150/side. ;)
Rudy Ray
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

$150 a side?
i have 2 tales 48" x 60" x 1" that I would love to have ground. I was expecting something 5x that at least.
cj737

Rudy Ray wrote:$150 a side?
i have 2 tales 48" x 60" x 1" that I would love to have ground. I was expecting something 5x that at least.
Let me clarify: the grinding I had done was to remove Mill Scale, not to a thickness tolerance. So, if you require accuracy, Blanchard grinding will be more expensive. For a fab table in my world of 0.0 tolerance, a simple surface cleaning was all I required.

Trickiest part is to locate a shop with a grinder large enough. I had to call about 6 places before I found one. Actually, my metal supplier referred me, they shipped my top to the shop, then shipped it back to their shop, I picked it up from them. Saved me money. And I finally finished drilling holes last night. Tedious but it only cost me half a gallon of cutting fluid. And hours of sweeping :x