General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

weldin mike 27 wrote:AVE, a Canadian chooch meister uses a patereon to fund his videos. I don't like the idea of a continuing payment, I'd rather a one off . But I did buy a ruler from him. Warning: Don't watch his videos unless you like swearing and laughing your ass off.

AvE is always good for a chuckle. Doesn't claim to be a welder but is always entertaining.
If you haven't, I recommend y'all check him out. The only channel I watch regularly besides Jody's.
Cheers
-EB
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

xwrench wrote:
weldin mike 27 wrote:AVE, a Canadian chooch meister uses a patereon to fund his videos. I don't like the idea of a continuing payment, I'd rather a one off . But I did buy a ruler from him. Warning: Don't watch his videos unless you like swearing and laughing your ass off.

AvE is always good for a chuckle. Doesn't claim to be a welder but is always entertaining.
If you haven't, I recommend y'all check him out. The only channel I watch regularly besides Jody's.
Cheers
-EB
Amen. And Fail army of corse.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
RIDETOEAT
    Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Patreon is the future for revenue generation for short video content such as entertaining videos published on YouTube. I watch a couple of sailing video channels that are supported by folks that like what they do and pay per video. Both are in the range of $9000.00 per video, one comes out weekly and the other averages 2 per month. If it has educational or entertainment value, I like this format. I am ok paying to be entertained once in a while.I have supported them in the past but out of work currently and do not do so at this time.

I am indebted to Jody's educational videos, I know 90% of what I do about TIG from watching his video over the years. I buy his shirts and bundled videos when they come out just to give back.
Still running the old Dynasty 300 DX and Millermatic 251 as primary machines.