Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
jroark
    Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm

So I bought a precision tig 185 and it has a micro torch on it. I'd like to know if I can get a torch from CK for this machine and or would I do better to get one from somewhere else? It doesn't look like it has the Dinsen connector but I'll try to figure all that out after I get a new torch.
jroark
    Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm

My bad. I just looked at the machine and it does have the Twist-mate connector. Still wouldn't mind a few suggestions for a good torch. Also any info on a water cooler or if this machine is capable of that would be cool.

jroark wrote:My bad. I just looked at the machine and it does have the Twist-mate connector. Still wouldn't mind a few suggestions for a good torch. Also any info on a water cooler or if this machine is capable of that would be cool.
You'll need the water recirculator and the water cooled torch, the machine really doesn't come into play. Hard to go wrong with the CK 20 torch with flex cable
Richard
Website
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

I bought a CK20 torch with the superflex cables, and was amazed at how much more flexible and unobtrusive the hoses are compared to the Chinese 26 torch that came with my machine.

The price isn't all that painful either, though definitely a bit higher than the Chinese stuff off of Ali or eBay...
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.