Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Micks1966
    Fri May 12, 2017 7:56 am

Hi I'm Mick from Woolomin in N.S.W Australia,
I'm 51 and semi retired ,worked as a t/a welder for a few years, just settling into a new place and setting up my workshop,
Love the you tube videos and looking forward to meeting new people and exchanging some good advice amost fellow welders
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I know of one Brody, and about 15 Micks from Australia. I think they might be the only two names down under!!!

Welcome!!!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi Mick from Woolomin. Im Mick from Bendigo, Vic. This could turn into a funny town name thread...
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hi Mick from Woolomin. Im Mick from Bendigo, Vic. This could turn into a funny town name thread...
There's a town in Missouri, USA, called Knob Lick.

Top that.

Steve
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
weldin mike 27 wrote:Hi Mick from Woolomin. Im Mick from Bendigo, Vic. This could turn into a funny town name thread...

Top that.

Steve
Or is this your hobby :lol:

My favorite town is leighton buzzard in England we went through when we were there.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
WeldItUp
    Thu May 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Hi Mick! Thanks for joining up and helping me not be the latest new guy to sign up! I will admit though that our trade experience is quite different, but I will be grateful for the exchange and input regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmwelding wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:

Top that.

Steve
Or is this your hobby :lol:

My favorite town is leighton buzzard in England we went through when we were there.
Okay, I was good and ready to cry, "Not funny!", but I have to admit, that's a little bit funny. :lol:

Steve
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I saw a rail photo from somewhere in the USA called Knob Mount.... Theres also a place in South Australia called Iron Knob.
Harry72
    Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:59 am

Drove past iron Knob the other day :lol:

There's also Toad Suck, Arkansas, and Nameless, Tennessee.

Toad Suck is a bit of a mystery, but Nameless has a good story. Seems the postal service needed to build a post office there, so the little community needed a name. The town meeting turned into a big argument, until one old man stood up and said, "This place has always been nameless. Let's keep it that way."

Peculiar, Missouri has a postal origin, as well. Every name they submitted was already taken in the state, so in frustration, the mayor wrote to the postal commission, saying, "Just give us some peculiar name..." and they did just that.

Steve
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome, Mick! Just a warning, threads may get hijacked!
Otto Nobedder wrote: Top that.
Intercourse, PA
...just down the road from...
Bird in Hand, PA
Dave
aka "RTFM"

Artie F. Emm wrote:Welcome, Mick! Just a warning, threads may get hijacked!
Intercourse, PA
Bird in Hand, PA
You forgot Blue Ball, just down the road from these (actually, 15ish miles northeast, on a different road). Blue Ball and Bird in Hand are named for the taverns they grew up around. Intercourse is named for an important crossroads in colonial times, but was formerly named Cross Keys, also for the tavern.

For generations, newlyweds have had their pictures taken under the sign that says, "Welcome to Intercourse." :shock:

And of course, there's the old joke, "If you can't get to Intercourse, you might experience Blue Ball unless you take your Bird in Hand..."

Steve
Micks1966
    Fri May 12, 2017 7:56 am

Intercourse, PA
Bird in Hand, PA
OK I hadn't really noticed :mrgreen:
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Intercourse, PA
Bird in Hand, PA
And of course, there's the old joke, "If you can't get to Intercourse, you might experience Blue Ball unless you take your Bird in Hand..."

Steve
Wow...just wow :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Sooo....

Welcome, Mick! :lol:

Don't think we're not serious about welding and welding questions. Just realize that's the ONLY thing we're serious about.

Steve