General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Brettmm92
    Wed May 10, 2017 11:58 pm

I've been looking around for multiprocess machines and found out about these really cheap Eastwoods that come with about everything for under $650 brand new. Does anyone have any experience with them? They are so cheap and small that I feel like they'd be worth it to have around.

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-mp200i.html
I wish I could do things for the second time, the first time.
Shoot for perfect, get great, think it's only good
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Brettmm92 wrote:I've been looking around for multiprocess machines and found out about these really cheap Eastwoods that come with about everything for under $650 brand new. Does anyone have any experience with them? They are so cheap and small that I feel like they'd be worth it to have around.

I don't know about their welder but I own some of their equipment and they are awesome about standing behind their products. The manager of the store in Alsip Illinois told me that their products are chinese but they are high quality chinese. I don't know if I have ever heard those two words used in the same sentence before but the manager made sure to point out that they will stand behind their products. I have no complaints about the things I have bought. Way better than Horrible Fright.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
Brettmm92 wrote:I've been looking around for multiprocess machines and found out about these really cheap Eastwoods that come with about everything for under $650 brand new. Does anyone have any experience with them? They are so cheap and small that I feel like they'd be worth it to have around.

I don't know about their welder but I own some of their equipment and they are awesome about standing behind their products. The manager of the store in Alsip Illinois told me that their products are chinese but they are high quality chinese. I don't know if I have ever heard those two words used in the same sentence before but the manager made sure to point out that they will stand behind their products. I have no complaints about the things I have bought. Way better than Horrible Fright.
High quality Chinese is three words by the way :lol:

Regardless, Eastwood seems to make some solid equipment especially geared toward automatve equipment. I personally haven't used their welders, but I've heard they are solid and for $650 for all that that seems like a decent deal especially if you can get parts at a local store or you have a question.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:

High quality Chinese is three words by the way :lol:

Regardless, Eastwood seems to make some solid equipment especially geared toward automatve equipment. I personally haven't used their welders, but I've heard they are solid and for $650 for all that that seems like a decent deal especially if you can get parts at a local store or you have a question.
Now you're paying attention...but at least I can SPELL :lol: I have been sitting on my deck watching my Orioles and hummingbirds and drinking screwdrivers all afternoon...so don't harsh my mellow bud 8-) My wife will do that when she gets home :lol:
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Phillips head or flat head?
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I believe he uses the torques.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Phillips head or flat head?
A standard screwdriver is made with orange juice.

A Phillips screwdriver is made with Milk of Magnesia.

Steve

or as some would say a + or a - (a plus or a minus) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richard
Website
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Poland308 wrote:I believe he uses the TORX.
FTFY ;)
exnailpounder

Sooooo...I almost pulled the trigger on Eastwoods 250 amp tig welder but I rarely tig anything that thick to use that many amps. I would trust Eastwood.
exnailpounder

I don't remember...what day is this? :( I saw 2 keyboards last night or I would have been here to gladly help derail another thread :lol:
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

cj737 wrote:
Poland308 wrote:I believe he uses the TORX.
FTFY ;)
It was intentional. I.e. I'm going to the bar to get torqued
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

exnailpounder wrote:Sooooo...I almost pulled the trigger on Eastwoods 250 amp tig welder but I rarely tig anything that thick to use that many amps. I would trust Eastwood.
Eastwood doesn't sell a 250A "dedicated" tig welder under their brand name. Might wanna go easy on the booze :lol:

They have the multi-process units, but those always leave something to be desired in the TIG department.
exnailpounder

Oscar wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:Sooooo...I almost pulled the trigger on Eastwoods 250 amp tig welder but I rarely tig anything that thick to use that many amps. I would trust Eastwood.
Eastwood doesn't sell a 250A "dedicated" tig welder under their brand name. Might wanna go easy on the booze :lol:

They have the multi-process units, but those always leave something to be desired in the TIG department.
Hey...you have an Eastwood plasma cutter...what say you about them? I saw a 250 amp machine in one of their catalogs and thought it was a tig. Interesting that they don't have that 250 amp model in their brick and mortar...at least no the last time I was there....or I was hangin and missed it...that's always a possibility :lol:
Brettmm92

Does anyone have any other recommendations for affordable multi-process welders out there?
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Brettmm92 wrote:Does anyone have any other recommendations for affordable multi-process welders out there?
Powermig 210mp-beaten to death by thousands of people and almost 100% running strong unless they completely destroyed it. And Lincoln product so parts and ease of access to customer service like through your LWS. Especially if they have a rebate going on. I know a lot of people have them and love them. A similar model is the Miller multimatic 215 which cost a little more but is a lbout the same only blue. I've also heard esab makes a really good multiprocess that id like try out sometime. But overall, 210mp is my recommendation.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Brettmm92

I used to think those lincolns where really cheap until I found out about the eastwood. And from quickly reading the specs I don't find much of a difference excvept the eastwood is half the price. If the lincoln or miller "budget" multiprocess machine had AC I would think of them as better than the eastwood but on paper, as far as I can see they have specs too similar to not take a chance on the eastwood
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Brettmm92 wrote:Does anyone have any other recommendations for affordable multi-process welders out there?
Everlast has delayed the release of their new MP machine to make some refinements (which likely translates to "work out bugs"), but it's supposed to stick/MIG/AC/DC TIG. If I remember the original specs right, it's 250A on everything but stick, which is 200A.

I'm not sure how "affordable" you'll find it, with a proposed price point of $2500, but if it has all the features of the 255EXor EXT, and doesn't compromise on the MIG function for it, it's quite reasonable for the capabilities.

I'm going to have to bug Oleg again, and see if they've set a new release date. My boss would like to have one in his home shop.

Steve