It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:27 pm Advanced search

Review for TIG Button hand amptrol for HTP Invertig 221

Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process

Re: Review for TIG Button hand amptrol for HTP Invertig 221

Postby Oscar » Fri May 19, 2017 11:58 am

motox wrote:He uses one, but no Aaron @ 6061 isn't making these. Go to the site in the post above mine. Great guys to work with. They custom made me one for my welder and are going to produce more.

oscar now they have them for htp. i bought one but haven't hooked it up yet.
craig

Sweet. Hook it up, you'll love it. Just be careful with the tiny two-wire connector that goes into the control box. On mine they slipped out of the black plug just recently, but that's because I was moving things around.
HTP Invertig 221 DV w/ Arctic Chill cooler DV.
Millermatic 211 Inverter w/ Spoolmate-150
Eastwood Versacut 40A Plasma cutter
Oscar
Weldmonger

Postby electrode » Fri May 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Oscar wrote:
motox wrote:He uses one, but no Aaron @ 6061 isn't making these. Go to the site in the post above mine. Great guys to work with. They custom made me one for my welder and are going to produce more.

craig

Sweet. Hook it up, you'll love it. Just be careful with the tiny two-wire connector that goes into the control box. On mine they slipped out of the black plug just recently, but that's because I was moving things around.

A little dab of silicone sealer ought to prevent that. I will check mine out when I get it today. Thanks for the heads up on a potential weak spot.
electrode
Heavy Hitter

Postby motox » Fri May 19, 2017 1:34 pm

oscar
thanks
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
motox
Weldmonger

Postby Oscar » Fri May 19, 2017 3:23 pm

electrode wrote:
Oscar wrote:

craig

A little dab of silicone sealer ought to prevent that. I will check mine out when I get it today. Thanks for the heads up on a potential weak spot.

True, hindsight is always 20/20. I :D fixed it up with a temporary fixer-upper. I wouldn't call it a weak spot---I just happen to be dragging something and it caught onto it, and it got yanked out, totally my fault.
Oscar
Weldmonger

Postby electrode » Mon May 22, 2017 9:58 am

Oscar wrote:
True, hindsight is always 20/20. I :D fixed it up with a temporary fixer-upper. I wouldn't call it a weak spot---I just happen to be dragging something and it caught onto it, and it got yanked out, totally my fault.

I heard that. ;) But before I tear mine up, is there a protective cover over the pressure sensitive switch? I haven't installed mine yet but the switch looks different than the pic on the fist page of the thread. I told my wife it looks like a cover that needs to be removed but didn't want to tear it up. :o
electrode
Heavy Hitter

Postby Oscar » Mon May 22, 2017 10:10 am

electrode wrote:
Oscar wrote:

I heard that. ;) But before I tear mine up, is there a protective cover over the pressure sensitive switch? I haven't installed mine yet but the switch looks different than the pic on the fist page of the thread. I told my wife it looks like a cover that needs to be removed but didn't want to tear it up. :o

Not on mine. The button was exposed as shown in my pic. The only "cover" is the heavy marine grade heat shrink that covers the rear end of that board that is attached to the metal body.
Oscar
Weldmonger

Postby electrode » Mon May 22, 2017 11:22 am

Oscar wrote:
electrode wrote:
Oscar wrote:

Not on mine. The button was exposed as shown in my pic. The only "cover" is the heavy marine grade heat shrink that covers the rear end of that board that is attached to the metal body.

I just called Dave Vogel and he said they switched to a different button and mine is the new style. No protective cap. I will post a pic in a while so you can see what I mean. Good thing I asked! :lol:
electrode
Heavy Hitter

Postby Oscar » Mon May 22, 2017 11:56 am

Well hurry up, they cancelled classes today so I'm home with nothing to do! Just waiting on the pic! JK :D
Oscar
Weldmonger

Postby electrode » Mon May 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Oscar wrote:Well hurry up, they cancelled classes today so I'm home with nothing to do! Just waiting on the pic! JK :D

Alright already! :lol:

Dscf3195r.jpg
Dscf3195r.jpg (28.63 KiB) Viewed 133 times

Dscf3196r.jpg
Dscf3196r.jpg (24.16 KiB) Viewed 133 times
electrode
Heavy Hitter

Postby Oscar » Mon May 22, 2017 12:25 pm

Interesting. So is that a flexible rubber membrane of sorts, with the button underneath it? or is that the actual button? Does it flex?
Oscar
Weldmonger

PreviousNext

Return to Tig Welding - Tig Welding Aluminum - Tig Welding Techniques - Aluminum Tig Welding