Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

motox wrote:He uses one, but no Aaron @ 6061 isn't making these. Go to the site in the post above mine. Great guys to work with. They custom made me one for my welder and are going to produce more.

oscar now they have them for htp. i bought one but haven't hooked it up yet.
craig
Sweet. Hook it up, you'll love it. Just be careful with the tiny two-wire connector that goes into the control box. On mine they slipped out of the black plug just recently, but that's because I was moving things around.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Oscar wrote:
motox wrote:He uses one, but no Aaron @ 6061 isn't making these. Go to the site in the post above mine. Great guys to work with. They custom made me one for my welder and are going to produce more.

craig
Sweet. Hook it up, you'll love it. Just be careful with the tiny two-wire connector that goes into the control box. On mine they slipped out of the black plug just recently, but that's because I was moving things around.
A little dab of silicone sealer ought to prevent that. I will check mine out when I get it today. Thanks for the heads up on a potential weak spot.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

oscar
thanks
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

electrode wrote:
Oscar wrote:

craig
A little dab of silicone sealer ought to prevent that. I will check mine out when I get it today. Thanks for the heads up on a potential weak spot.
True, hindsight is always 20/20. I :D fixed it up with a temporary fixer-upper. I wouldn't call it a weak spot---I just happen to be dragging something and it caught onto it, and it got yanked out, totally my fault.
electrode

Oscar wrote:
True, hindsight is always 20/20. I :D fixed it up with a temporary fixer-upper. I wouldn't call it a weak spot---I just happen to be dragging something and it caught onto it, and it got yanked out, totally my fault.
I heard that. ;) But before I tear mine up, is there a protective cover over the pressure sensitive switch? I haven't installed mine yet but the switch looks different than the pic on the fist page of the thread. I told my wife it looks like a cover that needs to be removed but didn't want to tear it up. :o

electrode wrote:
Oscar wrote:
I heard that. ;) But before I tear mine up, is there a protective cover over the pressure sensitive switch? I haven't installed mine yet but the switch looks different than the pic on the fist page of the thread. I told my wife it looks like a cover that needs to be removed but didn't want to tear it up. :o
Not on mine. The button was exposed as shown in my pic. The only "cover" is the heavy marine grade heat shrink that covers the rear end of that board that is attached to the metal body.
electrode

Oscar wrote:
electrode wrote:
Oscar wrote:
Not on mine. The button was exposed as shown in my pic. The only "cover" is the heavy marine grade heat shrink that covers the rear end of that board that is attached to the metal body.
I just called Dave Vogel and he said they switched to a different button and mine is the new style. No protective cap. I will post a pic in a while so you can see what I mean. Good thing I asked! :lol:

Well hurry up, they cancelled classes today so I'm home with nothing to do! Just waiting on the pic! JK :D
electrode

Oscar wrote:Well hurry up, they cancelled classes today so I'm home with nothing to do! Just waiting on the pic! JK :D
Alright already! :lol:
Dscf3195r.jpg
Dscf3195r.jpg (28.63 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
Dscf3196r.jpg
Dscf3196r.jpg (24.16 KiB) Viewed 3019 times

Interesting. So is that a flexible rubber membrane of sorts, with the button underneath it? or is that the actual button? Does it flex?
electrode

Oscar wrote:Interesting. So is that a flexible rubber membrane of sorts, with the button underneath it? or is that the actual button? Does it flex?
Feels hard to me. That's why I thought it was a plastic cover. It could be rubber I guess but once I connect it to my welder I will get a better feel for how it works.

So how's it work? :lol:
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

electrode wrote:
Oscar wrote:Interesting. So is that a flexible rubber membrane of sorts, with the button underneath it? or is that the actual button? Does it flex?
Feels hard to me. That's why I thought it was a plastic cover. It could be rubber I guess but once I connect it to my welder I will get a better feel for how it works.
He just said it " feels hard" to him...he's drunk again and has no idea what you're talking about :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
electrode

beavis-and-butthead-hehe.jpg
beavis-and-butthead-hehe.jpg (31.59 KiB) Viewed 2857 times
:lol: It works great, just doesn't last very long anymore. :o Now if you are referring to the button, I haven't hooked that gizmo up yet. ;)

ExThreadJacker: Did you just get back from vacation?? :P
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:
:lol: It works great, just doesn't last very long anymore. :o Now if you are referring to the button, I haven't hooked that gizmo up yet. ;)

Nah..working a job way up north by Farmboy...lots of driving time...cutting into my drinking...dammit
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:

Nah..working a job way up north by Farmboy...lots of driving time...cutting into my drinking...dammit
Did you take a minute to drop in on him and/or his school? I'll bet that beer you owe me they'd appreciate a working welder with years in the trade stopping in to say, "Hello," and your sense of humor would make it priceless.

Steve
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I'd bet my beer he gets tazzed before he gets off school grounds! :D
I have more questions than answers

Josh
exnailpounder

Poland308 wrote:I'd bet my beer he gets tazzed before he gets off school grounds! :D
:lol: I'm not close enough to go see him but not very far away. I've had to behave myself the last few days as I been driving alot but jobs over tomorrow :twisted:
Poland308

I hear ya I'm working on an ammonia chiller for a ice rink. I'm about 200 miles from home sitting in a hotel.

Josh
exnailpounder

Poland308 wrote:I hear ya I'm working on an ammonia chiller for a ice rink. I'm about 200 miles from home sitting in a hotel.
Im doing 140 miles a day and it sucks...I thought about getting a room but my partner has little ones to care for. I used to like going out of town when I was younger but I watched a TV special about all the nasty stuff in hotel rooms that shows up under a black light....did you watch it too :lol: I'll see if I can find you a link :lol:
exnailpounder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sIu-6LsVE8
Hey Josh...here's that link for ya buddy...Nighty night :lol:
Poland308

This is why I'm picky about where I stay. If I'm unsure of the quality of the hotel, then I just drink more beer. I'll sleep fine either way.

Josh
exnailpounder

Poland308 wrote:This is why I'm picky about where I stay. If I'm unsure of the quality of the hotel, then I just drink more beer. I'll sleep fine either way.
Ewww...are you sure? Did you even bring your black light? Nothing like sleeping in dried goo. :lol:
Poland308

If you saw the compressor room floor I had to lay on today. I'm ok with dry.

Josh
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:

OH really...I could sense some change in the force...what city you working in.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick